Big Brother defense inc. HQ

Overseer
Site Admin

Big Brother defense inc. HQ

Bericht door Overseer » 09-02-2016 23:23

Louis had not actually been here yet, and it was quite a nice building, though nowhere near the glory of the Corell corporation's old building, but it was nice enough.

Glass windows covering most of the building gave it an open feel and as Louis entered it felt as if he was still standing outside, but without all the sounds that came with it.
Afbeelding
A modern reception desk welcomed anyone whom entered the building and a young man was sitting at the desk.
"How may I help you sir?"

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 09-02-2016 23:44

Louis had decided to maintain a formal appearance for the time being, which was reflected by both his posture and his choice in apparel - he was wearing a dark grey three-piece suit. Lindsey had tied his tie for him.
"Good afternoon," he replied, inclining himself briefly to the young man, "I have an appointment with mister Corell. My name is Louis Briggs."
♉ In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade...

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 10-02-2016 17:30

"Ah yes. I was told to expect you. Please take a seat, his PA will come for you when he is available. Would you like something to drink while you wait?" He gestured to a comfortable sitting corner that had been prepared for visitors that had to wait.
It was all neat and styled just like the reception desk.
A vase was spliced on one of the coffee tables there holding a single pink orchid.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 10-02-2016 21:56

"No, thank you, I'm fine." He gave the young man a polite nod before turning around and making his way to the chairs in the corner.
As he sat down, he picked up a digital magazine from the white table in the middle and opened it. He didn't have to wait long.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 11-02-2016 13:34

After 10 minutes of waiting, in which time Louis read a few articles about the latest fashion for men and an interview with the old hairstylist of Ethan: Carlo Diaz: "You wouldn't believe how happy I was to hear he was alive! Not that I had the time to visit him of course, but I always so loved dressing him up and styling his hair. He could have become a model you know?"
It was clear he hasn't changed at all since Louis last met him.

The footsteps of a young woman on heels brought him back to why he was here and when he looked up, he saw Lindsey in a broken white blouse with dark grey skirt. Her hair was styled in a neat knot on top of her head, making her look a lot more serious and slightly older. She was holding a Datapad in her hand and had an playful smile on her lips as she looked at him.
"Mister Corell is ready for you. Please follow me Mister Briggs."

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 13-02-2016 00:51

Louis rose from his chair and straightened is jacket as Lindsey approached.
He took a moment to admire her. She looked great - she always did, but this style reflected how far she'd come. Being with her would be, by far, the best thing about working for the other members of the Corell family again.
Louis winked at her and put the magazine back on the table when she told him to walk with her, before following her to the elevator.
"Here we go," he said, quietly.
She could tell that he was a little nervous about meeting with James.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 13-02-2016 01:13

She had a mix of worry and compassion in her voice when she said."oh come on. It's James. You've known him for ages. I get that he can be intense, but it's not like he doesn't respect you..."
Her hand softly pinched his before the elevator arrived at the right floor, which was near the roof of the building, about the thirstiest floor. She gave him a quick peck on the cheek before the doors opened and she led him to the office of James.

James's office was designed to be practical, neat and intimidating. The desk was made of dark wood with metal framing. The chair that James sat on was a black leather chair while the chairs on the opposite side of the desk where dark brown. There was a small sofa where Louis could imagine James spending nights as he stayed in the office until late until he had to use the sofa to sleep on. The room was lid by a warm yellow glow that was emitted by quite industrial looking lamps that hang from the ceiling. Behind James there was a display with a great arsenal of weaponry. It was the first thing anyone saw when they entered the room and it gave the feeling that James was more than capable to use anyone of them.

As they entered the room James looked up from his Mobiglass. "Aah. Louis, please sit down." James frowned and seemed to shutdown whatever he was working on at that moment. His frown was deep, deeper than Louis had remembered seeing him before the court case against Ethan. His skin looked a bit more grey than usual and overall seemed very tired.
"What can I do for you?"

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 13-02-2016 01:47

As Louis stepped forward, his gaze travelled from the weapons on the far side of the desk to James', whose expression he studied for a moment.
Lindsey had done enough to soothe his nerves and, as such, he could see that the older Corell brother was putting a lot of hours in the company.
He extended his hand.
James shook it with a weary but polite smile.
"Actually, James," Louis replied, sitting down, "I was going to ask you the same question. How are you and the company doing?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 13-02-2016 12:05

James seemed surprised by Louis's question but after a few moments a vague smile appeared on his lips. Lindsey sat down next to Louis and mostly remained in the background.
"The company is fine, I think. I just wish someone else could do all this for me....but apparently that is not the way to do things in a professional world." he looked at Lindsey for a moment before he grinned painfully and looked back at Louis.
"We have build a little reputation since we started, but it is tough competing with the rest. Hence Homeland Security was able to make us an offer we couldn't refuse..." He frowned again and rubbed his eyes, a small yawn left his lips. His vision seemed a bit blurry as he looked back at Louis and continued. He seemed to either forget or purposely not talk about his own state of being.

"We are reasonably small, but have well trained and capable people in our service. Our clients are mostly those that were loyal to the Corell corp back in the day, only a few new names. Not that it matters, I can pay my employees an honest wage for their time and effort and we deliver quality."
He thought for a moment about Louis's question.

"That depends. You've first been working for Ethan-"there was a slightly pained expression in his eyes. "-and then for the Mayor and then for Nick Halden. Do you have time on your hands?" A small smirk appeared on his lips.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 13-02-2016 16:18

Louis didn't like the remark about Homeland Security's offer, but he managed to keep a straight face.
When James smirked at him, he, in turn, merely smiled politely. "I do, actually," he said, frowning. "With my previous employer currently incarcerated, I'm presently unemployed."
He rested one leg atop the other, and folded his hands in his lap. "That's why, if you need an extra pair of hands, I'd be more than happy to return to your family's business to work for you." It was both an offer and a request - both simple and sincere.

Plaats reactie