Big Brother defense inc. HQ

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 15-02-2016 23:13

Louis couldn't help but grin as well, when he heard Lindsey's familiar subtle cough.
"I was hoping you could offer me a full-time job," he replied, "Preferably during regular working hours, but you know I'm flexible. As for the actual work I'd be doing, I think you'll agree with me when I say that I'm at my strongest in the field, but I'll gladly accept a position as trainer or consultant."
He cast a quick glance over his shoulder, at Lindsey, before returning his attention to James.
"We can also combine the two - I think it mostly depends on what you think my position will do for the reputation of the company." Louis was very much aware of the possibility that the people of Athos had not forgotten about the near-fatal injury their mayor had suffered on his watch.
♉ In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade...

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 19-02-2016 23:13

James had a weird grin on his face and it took sometime before he collected his thoughts and replied. "Well...it just so happens the entire Universe saw what happened at the trial. You fought hard against overwelming odds with me and Ethan. People have seen that." His grin became more painful now.
"They recognized me of course and because of how I clearly was able to put words into actions and results, companies have been swarming to get us to do their private security work." A meaningful look was exchanged with Louis.
"I'm afraid hiring you might damage the few moments of rest I have more than I have been able to do myself due to the work we have been made to process. But that is more than worth it." His eyes were quite friendly now and it was clear he was liking this conversation, through his tiredness.
"I think you would do well in both cases. I also prefer leading by example. It also keeps you in contact with the real world and situations....is there anything you need for me before I let my PA write a contract for you?" He gave a short glance toward Lindsey before his tired eyes rested on Louis once more.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 20-02-2016 23:15

Louis inclined his head to Ethan's brother, conveying his gratitude. More than anything, he was grateful for James' attitude; he felt that the other man respected his abilities and treated him as an equal.
Louis considered James' question for a moment. "A small request," he replied. "As you know, in the past, part of my payment consisted of serum. I plan to meet with an old friend to see if he can help me with that tomorrow, so if you don't mind, I'd like to finalize the contract after that."
James gave him a questioning look. "Can I ask who this friend is?"
Louis replied with a nod. "Chris Bentuzzi. The mayor and I parted on good terms."
♉ In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade...

Plaats reactie