The Pisshole

Overseer
Site Admin

The Pisshole

Bericht door Overseer » 14-03-2016 21:26

There were a great many more soldiers on the streets controlled by the Brotherhood now a days. Louis could tell. At least the double that it had been before the Corell's attack.

The streets were less filthy than Louis could remember. Like people actually took better care of this part of town nowadays.
It didn't take long before eyes were following Louis with suspicion as he walked towards the Pisshole.

Not for to long, he was stopped a few yards before the door. "Who do you think you are, walking in here like that...?" The man looked like he could actually use the guns he was carrying. So did the two guards flanking him. This clearly was one of the Lieutenants, though not someone Louis had ever met before.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 14-03-2016 21:46

Louis tucked his left thumb in the pocket of his cargo pants and let his right hand hang free by his side. He held the man's gaze, his expression politely neutral. "We haven't been introduced. The name's Briggs. I've come to see the Little Czar."
♉ In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade...

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 14-03-2016 22:04

The man pursed his lips and thought. "I have heard that name before...." He seemed to suddenly remember something and his eyes widened. "You are Louis Briggs?" He asked in a completely different tone. As Louis acknowledged that the man stepped aside to walk him to the entrance of the diner. "Bratva. Little Czar is inside. So is Pahkan Alexander..."

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 14-03-2016 22:24

Louis barely managed to keep a straight face given the man's unexpected reaction, and it took him a moment to realize what he'd just been told.
The fact that this man was willing to let him walk into a room occupied by the pakhan without checking him for weapons - not that he needed any, and they knew it - spoke volumes on his apparent status.
"I did not expect the pakhan to be here as well," he told the guardsman earnestly. "I have no wish to disturb him if he's conducting business; if I am, I can come back later." He made his last sentence sound halfway between a statement and a question, and looked expectantly at the man.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 14-03-2016 22:45

Louis's words were answered by the Lieutenant opening and holding the door for him. He couldn't help but think that the guy was actually impressed by Louis. Whatever the reputation he had, this man who was used to looking down to people, had respected him for his name.

Inside there were a few men, probably more guards, sitting at the first few booths. In the back it was clear that Little Czar was seated. There was something different about him. He showed a confidence Louis was not used of seeing in this man he had known quite well.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 14-03-2016 23:45

Seeing Nicolai like this amused Louis, but made him wary as well. It was obvious that his old 'friend' had risen through the ranks - no doubt following their last meeting in this exact place -, but also that he had managed to hold on to that position.
The Little Czar had grown.
Louis composed himself as he walked over to Nicolai, and stopped at a respectable distance. "Dobryy vecher, staryy tovarishch."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 15-03-2016 08:15

Nicolai looked up an now saw Louis standing there. "Brings! What are you doing here Bratva?" Nicolai said loudly and Louis saw the old friend he had known.
"Come sit! I remember you still owe me a drink. " He smirked for a moment and then added.
"But with all the Union members owing you a drink, I think you could die a drunk man!" His chuckle was sincere.
"How have you been, staryy tovarishch?"

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 25-03-2016 19:44

"I have been well, Nicolai," Louis replied, as he walked up and clapped a hand on the man's shoulder.
"I'm currently working on Athos again," he continued, sitting down, "So I thought I'd come pay the Union my respects. You've done well for yourself, I see."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 25-03-2016 19:53

Nicolai smiled happily.
"You are right Briggs, I'm doing quite well. I am currently in charge of everything we do on Athos." He grinned happily.
"Have you any idea what you did for us? Man, we've been doing well thanks to the deal we managed to get with the Mayor. All because of you. The Pahkan has not forgotten either." he said with a nodd to a door in the back.

"Hey! Bring us a bottle of Vodka yeah?" He said to the barkeeper who quickly moved to serve them the bottle and he put down three glasses but only filled two of them. After doing so he left the bottle on the table. "Thank you." Little Czar said, almost formally and then handed one of the glasses to Louis.
"So what do you do now a days?"

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 25-03-2016 20:11

Louis and Nicolai both raised their glasses and downed their drink in one go.
It was the good stuff.
"I'm back to working for the Corell family," Louis replied, putting his glass back on the table. "As I'm sure you know, the older brother raised his own company out of the ashes of Corell Defense."
He looked from the third, empty glass to the door Nicolai had indicated, wondering if pakhan Alexander would join them. The thought didn't worry him as much as it once did, but it did keep him on his toes.

Plaats reactie