The R.U. Sirius, a week after the party on Anhur

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 26-08-2016 09:01

Isaac inhaled deeply through his nose, almost forcefully as if he had forgotten how to breathe. But it was more a violent emotional reaction to what Sidd was experiencing. He might not be able to feel what he felt, but reading his thoughts came close enough for his comfort. As much as he wanted, he didn't want his mind to chew on the idea of what Sidd would be able to do with this ability of foresight.

"No shit." he responded in a sober way, kneading Sidd's shoulders between his hands, "Breathe. Just breathe."

He waited for a moment, also trying to obviously slow down his own breathing pattern to give an example, noticing how Sidd did his best to calm down.

"We're going to work on this. I also thought I was going crazy the moment I started reading people's thoughts. I heard... everything. We might not get it the first time, or the second, or the third, but we're going to get to a point where you can control what you're experiencing. We're going to get through this together, okay?"

He smiled in a wry, but none the less warm way, trying to get over his nausea. The severe ingestion of whisky the past few days didn't really help.
Well it's too long living in the same old lives.
I feel too cold to live, too young to die.
Will you walk the line, like it's there to choose?
Just forget the wit, it's the best to use.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 27-08-2016 20:19

Sidd nodded, trying to get his breathing stable again.
"Come on man. You can do this. Just like when you stole your dad's ship. Breathe in. Focus. Focus on Ethan. Focus on the boss. You can do it. Come on tough guy."

After a minute he seemed to have refound himself an dried his face with the sleave of his jacket. "Thanks Boss...." he said awkwardly, but genuinely thankful. As if a weight had lifted from his shoulders his muscles seemed to relax.

He took the bottle from the table and drank the contents in one go.
When he was done he looke dup and made eyecontact with Isaac.
"I'm not sure I can control this....." it was clear he had trouble keeping his voice steady, though his tone was calm.

"I don't care how this happened...really...I'm not mad at you. I...i want this to be....undone." his eyes looked weary and sad, but also determined. There had to be some strong reason why he wanted to undo what happened.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 27-08-2016 20:23

Slowly, he sat back on the couch when he was sure Sidd was doing considerably okay again. He sighed and frowned at the man when he told him he wanted everything that the artifacts had caused to be undone.

"Why you want it to be undone when you can learn to use it to your benefit?" he said, carefully avoiding that it probably couldn't be undone at all.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 27-08-2016 20:35

Sidd's gaze became distant, like he was remebering something and seeing it clearly again in his minds eye.
"You are pure, just like me. The Order has a place for us. Mutants are nature's way of showing us who has become infected with decease. And they do not belong in Human society."
"Do you still believe that?
It just feels wrong. Don't blame me.
I don't. Just...
I can't ever go back as a mutant....
Didn't we burn that bridge?
I wanted to leave it open...."

Sidd inhaled deeply and his eyes gleamed again as tears started to wrll up from the cor ers of his eyes. He scraped his throat.
"Because....uh....where uh....where I come from...." he hesitated but closed his eyes. "Mutants shouldn't go back to. " a single tear slid down his cheek. His face frowning in a determent way.
"And if I can't hide what I am I can never go back....home..."

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 27-08-2016 20:44

Isaac smiled in a kind way as he broke gazes with Sidd for a moment, having heard his thoughts. He softly shook his head and looked back up to him it a slight frown.

"Mutants are not considered human- or maybe humans who are not worthy of living- where you come from, don't they?" He clenched his jaws together and grabbed the arm rest of the couch, digging his fingers into the fabric. "Sidd, Rachel and I got married in an Order temple; this has nothing to do with the way they think. Religion is a touch piece of shit thing to understand, but what I do understand is that many, be it Order, Federation or somewhere in between, think that mutants are not human or even monstrosities and it makes me fucking angry."

He exhaled through his nose, trying to calm himself down because he was getting too frustrated about this. "Why would you want to go back to a place where many of the people you know and maybe even consider to be friends, would not be welcome? And even more so- where they wouldn't see you as the man you are, just because you have a mutation?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 27-08-2016 21:03

He slowly opened his eyes and looked at Isaac with a wry and apologetic smile.
He doesn't understand.
His father is very different.
But he too must feel like he has things that his father taught him and he might not agree with?"

"I....believe that things always come closed circle. That's why I know I have to return to my Family before I die. And I'd prefer it's not because I visit them." His smile became a weird grin.

"I think it is important to not forget where I came from, even if I don't agree with that bit. How am I going to convince people mutants aren't bad if I am a mutant myself. People don't take you seriously then. Besides....no one in the Tri-System likes Sidd Black...so I got that going for me." He managed a genuine although a bit sarcastic smile at his own remark. Moving his hand up for a moment, he stopped and then placed it back on the table as if he had wanted to reach for Isaac but decided not to. "It's just really conflicting is all."

"#understatement"

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 27-08-2016 21:09

He listened to Sidd, despite his frustration and felt his anger ebb away when his friend explained his reasons. Finally, he nodded and rubbed his hands together to get the tension out of his system.

"Don't get me wrong," he said, as he looked back to Sidd, "Family is important. You're being a bit vague about your relationship with your family, but whatever has happened, I don't think it should matter whatever you are to them, if they really love you."

He frowned and thought about it for a moment before he admitted: "Let's say that despite the love I have for my family, I strongly disagree with them on more than one point and that has never been different. None the less, we've stuck with each other through everything. That's what makes a family strong. Unconditional love, no matter the disagreements."

He seemed very convinced about it, but was none the less empathic to Sidd's short summary. "You're not going to die soon, so why not try to get your new powers under control first before you want to get rid of them. You haven't changed to me. You're still the idiot, daredevil, loyal pilot I've always known you to be."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 28-08-2016 09:48

"fuck man, are you trying to get me to cry again?"

There was that showed he found it painful to hear how Isaac and his family always stuck together no matter what. But when Isaac complimented him, it was as if he was suddenly shy and couldn't take the compliment.
"You're forgetting that I'm fucking insane..." He smirked.
"..insanely good and loyal pilot." It was clearly to deflect the feeling he had gotten from Isaac's words. He was trying to deal with it and took a few deep breaths.

He shrugged and shook his head. "But I don't know how. I know how to train things, but ....this is....different shit."

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 28-08-2016 10:11

Isaac smiled. "It is different shit for sure."

He put a hand on Sidd's shoulder. "Let's give that a rest for now, and we'll talk about it tomorrow."

With a gaze that told him was also sick and tired of 'feeling' in general at this moment, he grabbed two Bex beers from the fridge.

"Don't forget we have another problem to solve," he said, with a slight frown. "Why don't you tell me, in detail, everything you remember happened during that time the delivery got lost that the Kiowan is still looking for?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 28-08-2016 11:23

Sidd rolled his eyes and he grabbed the coffee Isaac had brought and drank the now cold contents in one go. He made a face and sighed.

"Well....sure...that's still a thing..."
He threw the cup into the trashcan one handed and took a deep breath.
With a frown on his face, he slowly started talking.

"I told a lot of it, but I guess I'll start at the beginning." He took a bottle of Bex from Isaac and then started talking.

"Me and Sophia....never really saw eye-to-eye. There have been many moments where I did jobs for her, where it didn't go as she wanted it to go, but I always completed the job." The words he ended with sounded uncharacteristically bitter.
"But I always did think there was a certain professional respect. Guess I was wrong..." His voice drifted off and he scraped his throat as he seemed to notice.

"She had approached me for a good gig, easy: Pick-up and drop-off. Of course I was suspicious, but she said it would be a tense situation and needed someone who had the nerves of steel to pull this off. Hell....in hindsight I should have been paid 10 times more than she offered me." He shook his head and took a sip from his beer.

"I never ask what the cargo is you know, just what the danger is. It's not in their interest that I know. Had I know beforehand I would have asked for at least 100.000 credits, that's even without knowing I'd fly into a trap...that costs extra." he couldn't help but smirk.

"I did check the contents this time. The container was weird, like a mini cryopod, but without any cooling. It constantly was humming in the background and I heard it throughout the ship. The box wasn't bigger than 1 cubic meter I think." He took a deep breath and drank more beer, as if he needed courage for what he was about to tell next.

"So I opened it. In it was....something...that looked like we could have made it...and yet...fucking weird. " He looked at Isaac in a way that showed he had a hard time finding the right words for describing what he had seen.
"It's like...living cables, more like...electric slugs. But it was all one thing. It like...moved, but did not disperse in smaller bits. In the container it seemed like it was covering something, but I didn't try to move the....things on top."
He shrugged and drank more beer.
"That's when I knew I was royally fucked. It's the kind of cargo that you send of with someone you either trust completely...or who is expendable." Sidd made a face toward Isaac.

"So...what do you do when you're about to go into a shit storm? You prepare for the worst....I loaded up on ammo and supplies and took off to go to the rendezvous point. It was in the Isaac system and so I made the jump there." He paused for a moment as if he suddenly remembered something vividly.

"There was a big-ass CSS fleet waiting for me there. 6 Cruisers, atleast 40 fighter craft. Even a Carrier and a Battleship for fuck-sake. They had been waiting for me. As soon as I had made the Jump I was asked to stand down to be taken into custody for transporting 'Alien Artifacts'."
Sidd's gaze grew darker and sighed.
"I resisted arrest of course, thinking only about the cargo..it didn't make sense at the time but I just...had no time to think. Weaving through the ships and dodging incoming fire, I flew towards the rendevous-point. When I got there, I saw the Kiowan with most of their fleet there and a party I didn't knew yet, but I later learned had been Tarsus.
I asked which ship needed the cargo, but they already paniced at the sight of such a big CSS fleet. I really tried my best, but as I was getting in a cross-fire between all those parties.....I jettisoned the cargo near an asteroid during the fight." He shrugged and he looked a bit sad.
"Now you know what happened after that.
All sides blame me for it being gone AND the CSS to interfere with the deal...."

He drank the last of the beer in one go and chuckled.
"How's that for detail?"

Plaats reactie