Repurposed appartment

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 05-04-2016 20:38

"Sure," Louis replied somewhat uncertainly. He made sure that he could catch her, should she fall.
He wondered what had just happened, what the artifacts had done 'for' Irelia, but his mind zoned in on something else instead. "Don't you mean 'when Isaac meets the senator'?"
There was something about the way she'd said it.
♉ In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade...

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 06-04-2016 21:26

She seemed a little distracted. "Huh?" Giving him a confused glance before nodding. "Yeah...of course I mean Isaac." It was clear she had said it exactly as she had meant it, but she nodded towards the door. "Shall we go?" Walking to the door she stopped for a moment with her hand on the door and looked back to Louis. "You are such a good man. Thank you for being here...I hope I can be equally helpful to you as you are to me." Her lips formed a small smile before she opened the door and stepped through into the hall.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 07-04-2016 21:58

Louis frowned as he watched her leave.
He pondered for a moment, before following her into the hallway and closing the door behind them.

Repurposed appartment, day 02

It was close to ten in the morning when Louis opened the door to the repurposed appartment. Irelia had gotten up early - if indeed she'd slept at all - and the two of them had spoken only briefly; she'd been working on something and Louis knew better than to disturb her during one of her designing sprees.
He had taken his time getting the two of them breakfast, but it was still warm.
As he entered, he spotted her sitting at her desk and staring at her mobiglass. "Break," he said in a clear but gentle tone of voice.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 08-04-2016 08:49

"Mmhmm?" She looked up and she smiled at him. It was as if she didn't want to break the routine. "Great...thanks. " She said as she walked over to the couch which was littered with schematics. After moving some from the couch to the floor she offered him a seat and sat down as well.
She looked tired but not like she had no sleep, more like a bad night. Her eyes gleamed with joy as she saw Louis had brought her favorite coffee.

The day before the local medical facility had treated her well, although eyebrows were raised because of the self inflicted harm. The wound was closed, but it would take more than a week for the tissue to have regenerated. In the mean time she wore a long but thin fingerless glove to protect the wound.

"You are the best....you are way too kind. " she hugged him and then let him go to unpack what he had brought with him. "How sre you?" She asked him with a friendly tone.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 12-04-2016 21:39

Louis returned her smile in kind as she handed him his breakfast from the bag. "Quite good, all things considered," he told her, after a moment of consideration. "Whatever has happened to me hasn't affected my ability to sleep - that is, once I was finally able to let go."
He appeared less worried than the day before, but it was clear that he still had understandable concerns.
He sipped his orange juice, and unpacked his hoagie. "How about you? Did you manage to get some rest?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 20-04-2016 23:06

"Good....good that you slept well."
She nodded but a shaky breath made it clear that she was still holding back quite a bit of emotion. "I plan on talking to Isaac this afternoon...." Irelia softly said.

"He needs to know...that ...what happened." Her eyes looked at Louis in the hope they wouldn't look at her accusingly.
"Of course I won't tell him...what happened to you...just that something happened and that it...that I ....." She started stuttering and looked at her still bandaged wrist. Her words slowly died out and she continued eating her breakfast.

She closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath, before smiling and then looking back at Louis. "I have a few exercises that I'd like to do with you. Since I can then measure the brain and nerve activity. It will help to know what kind of training will help you to get a grasp on your...your gift." There was a moment of hesitation in her voice for a moment but continued.

"With the amount of energy you produce, you could power the kind of suit we are thinking about, though some functions will need to be idle most of the time. We will include batteries, so you can use those in case you need it. Should hold out for about an full hour when using all systems. Sounds reasonable right?" She asked him with a bit of the enthusiasm she had shown the day before.

Plaats reactie