Repurposed appartment

Overseer
Site Admin

Repurposed appartment

Bericht door Overseer » 27-03-2016 23:01

As Louis entered, the equipment that had been neatly placed on the table was now littered on the ground with multiple schematics. Irelia sat on her knees and looked at them with a frown. She mumbled to her self and did not even hear the door opening and seemed to be very focused on making progress on the project for Louis.

Afbeelding

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 27-03-2016 23:33

Louis put the two cups of coffee he was carrying down on the table and quietly closed the door behind him. He took his own cup and sat down on one of the chairs, from where he patiently studied Irelia.
It was a ritual the two of them had been performing since they began working together.
"Irelia?" Louis said, two seconds after she'd looked away from the schematics. He'd already gotten accustomed to the speed of Irelia's train of thought. "Your coffee is getting cold."
♉ In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade...

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 27-03-2016 23:40

"Huh?" She looked up, clearly forgotten about him entering the room, if she had even noticed him at all. Then she smiled him a thankful smile and stood up. Her knees were sore but she sat down on the Couch and took the coffee in her hand and started drinking it. "You are getting me addicted to this..." She said jokingly about him bringing her coffee every time he visited.

"How've you been?"

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 27-03-2016 23:57

Louis savored the taste of his espresso as he considered the answer to Irelia's question. "Remarkably well," he told her, somewhat surprised at himself, "In light of recent events. How about you?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 28-03-2016 00:10

She raised her hand in a 'wait for me to finish my coffee' kind of way and then said. "I made good progress in the different kinds of structures to use on the fibermesh 'skinplating'. Still need to test which one boosts both flexibilty and strength, but that will come soon enough." She points at the schematics on the ground.
"Those are some of the idea's I've been having on making an exosuit/skeleton for you. It is actually a greater challenge to not replace the current limbs for mechanical ones, but I would also not advise that for you to consider." She said in a stern voice, as if he needed to dare think of removing perfectly fine limbs.
"I just have to work smarter. The power supply I am still working on, since it is hard to make a suit that can last long and also empower you for a long time...." She started mumbling to herself.
"Here look at this."
She showed him a design for a helmet.
Afbeelding
Her design included a neck piece that covered his entire neck with tiny scale like mesh plating.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 28-03-2016 00:24

Louis took the design from Irelia and studied it closely. He couldn't help but smile at the image her words were conjuring in his mind; it was as if he was being suited with armor like a knight of old.
"If the exoskeleton is light enough for me to wear using my own strength, the power source would only be required to supply temporary boosts." he said, finishing his coffee. He pointed at the neck piece. "Are those scales made of kevlar or carbon?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 28-03-2016 00:35

She chuckled. "Both actually." Her hands picked up a datapad so she could show him some readings. "Here." She said as she handed him the datapad.

Louis felt a strange sensation pass over him, it started in his head as a pressure that went through his neck, arm, fingertips. There was a short zap sound and the datapad flickered and it's screen went black.
There was as slight smell of burned condensators.
Irelia looked at the datapad with open mouth. "What did you just....do?"

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 28-03-2016 00:45

Louis stared at Irelia's datapad, bewildered. "I really hope I didn't just fry your datapad," he said, half to himself.
He wanted to suggest that the device had simply malfunctioned, but he had seen too much he couldn't explain since Ethan had first gotten the team involved in the hunt for the alien artifacts to do so.
He gave Irelia a look that was part concern, part apology. He held the datapad between his thumb and his index finger as he gave it back. "Can... You get it to work again?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 28-03-2016 00:58

Irelia didn't look at the Datapad at all. "Fuck the datapad. Seriously, that can be replaced." She wasn't angry or worried but excited.
Her legs quickly jumped up and she walked over to the Mobliglass that she had set up on the desk. Her fingers quickly and with great agility moved over the screen. "Jeeez.....I thought something like this might..." She mumbled and with a few movements she showed a diagram of a body on flatscreen opposite of the couch Louis was sitting on."This is you." Louis could see multiple views:muscles, skeleton and lastly nervous system. "This is how it looks now. But this is what just happened." She showed a small clip in which the brain seemed to light up and then send a current through the nerves that eventually led to his fingers.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 28-03-2016 01:08

Louis tried to conceal the fact that he didn't share Irelia's enthusiasm. "Wow, yeah."
Irelia gave him a dull look.
"Look, I'm sorry," he said, sincerely apologetic, "But can you tell me what just happened, exactly, like I'm a six-year-old?" A thought struck him. "And, while you're at it, what was to follow when you said 'I thought something like this might...'?"
He wondered if Irelia had foreseen something like this.

Plaats reactie