Repurposed appartment

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 28-03-2016 01:32

Irelia smiled in a comforting way and sat down next to him.
"What just happened, is that your brain, which sends electric currents through your body, suddenly generated a spike which was then send to your hand. " She shrugs. "I have heard of people having magnetic grip, but never did I encounter records of people....sending electric currents to their skin like this...."

She sighed and she seemed to feel guilty about something. "Ethan, Isaac..sorry, knows this already...but anyone who comes into direct contact with the 'radiation' the artifacts emit, have gone through some form of mutation. All of which involved usage of the nervous system. Mostly the brain." She shrugged. "I think that since I, Ben and Ethan had already been exposed to it we have undergone our changes as we did. I should have told you and Ivy myself. Maybe Sidd and that man Lev are also going to be mutated...." Her voice died out as it was clear she was ashamed for her enthusiastic outburst.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 28-03-2016 01:43

Louis' shoulders sagged. He rested his lower arms on his legs and just stared at Irelia, who was courteous enough to look a little embarassed. "I-... I just looked at them," he finally said. "I mean, I know Ben was feeling some effects, but he was working with the artifacts the whole time..." His voice trailed off. "What do you mean, 'like we did'? Did something like this happen to you and Isaac as well?"
He looked at his hands, horrified at the thought of accidentally hurting Lindsey.
♉ In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade...

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 28-03-2016 19:59

Irelia sat down next to Louis and put a hand on his shoulder. "Listen. When we went to Massanas for the first time, I had some sort of Vision. A vision of something that had happened at that place. Now, after some time, I can decide...sort of...when I have them." It was clear she wasn't sure about everything but wanted to make him less worried.

"I get that you are worried. But you can control this. It's like moving a muscle. Once you know how to use it, you can decide when you need to pee." She joked to make the subject less heavy for him, but knew it was a shabby attempt.
Her eyes were filled with compassion and she suddenly gave him a hug.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 28-03-2016 20:15

Louis hesitated for a moment, but returned the hug with some caution. "Thanks..."
He knew that if anyone could help him deal with this development, it was Irealia, but that was only enough to take the edge off his concern. He was far better at dealing with physical threats - even outlandish ones - than he was with this sort of thing.
"Would you believe this scares me more than those scorpions?" he admitted, and slowly let go. He smiled at Irelia. "I guess I'll keep wearing these sensors a little longer."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 28-03-2016 20:28

She smiled at Louis. "And that makes you a smart man Louis." As she nodded her face seemed to find a certain resolve. "I'll go and fix this...wait...." She looked at the blueprint on the ground and then back to louis with a devious grin.
"I know of to power the suit...."
Her eyes sparkled and she quickly stood up and started making sketches on her mobiglass.
"I agree that you should keep wearing the sensors...but first! We need to see if we can get a grip on your gift." She took one of her tools and handed it to Louis. It seemed like something to measure the amount of electricity that runs through a cable.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 28-03-2016 20:51

Louis arched an eyebrow as he looked from the device to Irelia and back again. "Okay. So, what should I do?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 28-03-2016 21:12

Irelia had a weird expression on her face and walked over to the work bench and took a scalpel and planted it her wrist. Blood quickly gushed out as she made a sound of pain and anguish.
She looked at Louis to measure his expression as the blood dripped from her wrist and squirted on the ground.

The same sensation returned to Louis, much stronger than before and an electric current went through his head, arms, fingers into the devies.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 28-03-2016 21:38

It took Louis a full second to process the unreal scene that had just unfolded before him.
“Ty che, blyad?!” He tossed the measuring device to the side as he rushed out of his chair, and clamped his hand over the wound on Irelia's wrist in an attempt to stop the bleeding. "What are you doing?!" he yelled, looking her dead in the eyes.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 28-03-2016 21:51

Irelia chuckled, almost hysterically. "I had to...trigger the reaction. And I confirmed...my theory." She stopped chuckling now though and she was a bit pale. Her unharmed hand went for a drawer and found some tape and handed it to Louis.
"Would you....be so kind."
She asked with a face that showed she was not feeling well, from both the pain and blood loss.

"I'm sorry.....I just....I want to help...and it feels like my fault....t'is but a small price." Her voice trailed off as she started to slowly lose strength in her legs.

Louis Briggs

Bericht door Louis Briggs » 28-03-2016 22:17

Louis caught her, his hand still firmly clamped over the cut. "Like Hell it is!" he snapped angrilly. He sagged down, cradling her in his arms, and wrapped the tape around her wrist as quickly and precisely as the situation permitted. Then, he took his belt and wrapped it tightly around her arm.
"Honestly, you selfish-..." he said, still fuming, when he was certain she wasn't losing any more blood. He turned her face towards his and slapped her on the cheek to make sure that she was still consious. "If you die here, miss Stragosh, I will personally march down to the Gates to drag you back so you can apologize to me properly!"
He took a deep breath and forced himself to calm down. "I don't risk my life so you and the others can play games with yours," he muttered, as he entered the number of the emergency services on his datapad.

Plaats reactie