Secret hideout Robert Corell

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 09-06-2016 17:47

Robert took a deep breath and sighed. "I have myself." He Gestured to the chairs to offer him a seat and he sat down himself with a small groan, like his muscles ached him.

"After David Hassan intercepted me, from a shipment, he wsa the one to activate me. After a few weeks he knew what my worth was, aswell as the fast knowledge I posses. It didn't take long for him to help me. First with my own completion, but later with bringing the Kindred together."

He was trying to see what his son would think of that, being slightly cautious about who he brought things now.

"It may have only had taken a few more weeks to have completed the project. With the notes and research at my disposal, I was quite capable to do so,"
Robert seemed to want to talk about the situation more, bui seemed conflicted as he wsa afraid for Isaac's opinion. The was no blame in his eyes, more sadness than anything. A slight spark of hope remained.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 10-06-2016 08:49

"David Hassan," he said, a wry smile on his face as he shook his head, "of course. I would've guessed Chris wouldn't have minded to help either, but I do think mister Hassan is the more vigorous one of all of you. Even though, in some situations, his life and familiy is in danger."

It seemed he took a moment to take the entire situation in, thinking about why and what and when. He sipped his whisky silently.
He had an immense respect for Hassan's vigorousnes, of course, but on the other hand he questioned if the man was making smart decisions. If he'd ever start a family he would never want them to be in danger. He couldn't even bare the thought of Madelyn- or Rachel in danger, let alone children, if he was ever gifted any. Then again, he might've not had a choice... no, that's not how things work. One always has a choice. He could know, he left everything behind and faked his own death to protect the ones he loved. Then again, that didn't work out as planned either.
The android was apparently programmed to finish the work his father had started. He realised he was glad he did- even though the thought of his father being dead for real was something he needed to mourn all over again. Was this the better alternative? He wasn't sure yet.

"So, you seem to act and think the same as my father- be it that there are small differences. I guess not even my Robert Corell was able to put soul in his most important project. But I can't blame him. If anything, I believe that no matter how much you can accomplish to make things real, that is not possible."

He suddenly seemed to notice the spark of hope in his eyes and he asked, honest but not unkind: "What is it that you want?"
Well it's too long living in the same old lives.
I feel too cold to live, too young to die.
Will you walk the line, like it's there to choose?
Just forget the wit, it's the best to use.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 10-06-2016 08:59

"Mister Hassan is eager but lacks the experience of an old dog." Robert said with a light chuckle.

" He knows he can't keep his family safe without playing things smarter and he also needs strong allies. And here he found both intelect and resources to give him what he wants." With a wry smile, Robert looked at his hands.

"What I want...." Seemed to honestly need a moment to process that question. " ...Is to live. To exist and to fill the role the Old Kindred needs....but what I hope." He looked up at Isaac and there were tears in his eyes. " ..that my son will forgive me for what I have done to him."

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 10-06-2016 09:10

Isaac's eyes grew big with the touching words the android spoke and he shivered visibly when he noticed the tears in his eyes.

No matter how unreal it seemed to him, it drove him to the border of breaking down again. This... AI, he was made far too well. This was exactly what scared him so much about the project he was working on himself. Making it so close to real, there wouldn't be any noticeable difference anymore.

He wanted to fool himself and forget this truth was ever told to him; never know that the being opposite him was not a real person. Not his real father. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't forget it.

His face had grown pale as he stared at the man opposite him. "You are an android. You are not my father. How am I supposed to see it any different? I can't fool myself into being ignorant. If you have truly copied by father's knowledge, experiences and personality, you know who I am and what I'm like. I can't- I just can't believe you are my father." His voice broke again, like before, but he looked more defeated than anything else. "If you want forgivenes, I'm not sure if and for what I can give you that."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 11-06-2016 12:41

It was as if a switch was flipped and the attitude of the Android was different. His expression was neutral and spoke in a monotone voice, although it still sounded as Robert Corell.

"I told him, that you would not be fooled. But he was human after all. That was both his greatest asset and his flaw." Robert's gaze had a stare to it as he locked his eyes with Isaac.

"He still wants to be forgiven, although he can't hear you in his grave. But wat is left of his consciousness is part of this unit. Now he retreats as the...shame...becomes to much for him to handle. That is why I am now here. My name is Alpha." The Android extended his hand to Isaac, waiting for his response.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 11-06-2016 12:52

Isaac grew paler and put the glass of whisky down on the side table next to him. He stood up immediately after and, out of instinct probably, pushed the android away from him. Just to create some distance and have his personal space for himself.

"Stop, just stop," he sneered, clearly distressed, having a hard time to breathe.

The muscles in his jaw twitched, as he tried to get a grip on himself. He leaned on the armrest of the chair and kept his hand outstretched before him to let the distance between him and the android stay what it was.

His mind was racing, but with no comprehensible thoughts whatsoever. He felt cold sweat on his back and his entire body was trembling. His conscience said it was the stress and the adrenaline wearing off, but it felt... wrong. Like he wasn't in control anymore.

"I can't do this," he uttered, trying to make his voice sound determined, which failed.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 11-06-2016 12:56

The Alpha had a slightly worried frown on his face but did nothing to step in closer. "My apologies. I did not take into account that you were still very distressed by everything. A miss calculation on my part."
As if he was thinking for a moment his gaze shifted to the door that led to the hallway to leave the room.

"You may need time to think about everything. If you wish to leave...there is no one stopping you." The expression was sincere and open, but calm and not emotional like Robert had been.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 11-06-2016 13:05

He looked up to the android, disgust plain on his face. "I can't- Robert Corell would never hide from his son," his voice didn't sound any less so.

The moment he had said this, he realised that that wasn't true- after all, he did manage to fool himself once again. With this realisation, he felt defeated beyond measure.

He scrambled up, grabbing his leather jacket from the chair, his gaze torn away from the android and made a weak sound of distress and panic. With trembling legs he managed his way to the door that led to the hall.

He looked back once, his hand on the doorpost to support his suddenly very heavy body, hoping he'd see his father standing there and not the android.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 11-06-2016 13:14

An his father he saw, his eyes red and swollen. Crying silent tears as he could barely control his body, as it was already shaking from emotion.

He was still seated and it looked like he wanted to bury his face in his hands as soon as Isaac would step outside. Robert opened his mouth as if to say something, but his voice abandoned him and he shook his head.

Shame and sadness clearly was what Robert was currently feeling. "How can he ever forgive me...I've made everything worse."

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 11-06-2016 13:24

Isaac was torn. He barely managed to keep standing, his legs wanting to give way underneath him. The man he saw, he hoped to see, he now he realised he hadn't wanted to see. Not like this. What son would want to see his father like that?

But it couldn't be him, he was an android- every part of him was gone, except from his artificially made personality that was meant to make him look like Robert Corell. It simply wasn't possible, he didn't want to believe it was. No matter what strange things he had experienced in the time he had been working with the artifacts.

But then, he heard. At first he thought it was his own mind fooling him, again, but when he blinked the tears from his eyes to have a better look, he realised it wasn't. This were his thoughts.

"Fuck," he exclaimed, weak and desperate.

Somehow, he managed to get up on his feet again and walked over to the man with faltering steps. He eventually landed on his knees in front of him and let his head rest onto the man's lap, hiding under his own arms, his body heavily shaking with emotion. He felt defenseless, but he couldn't think straight anymore. He weeped softly, without the energy left in his body to move he remained where he was, broken.

Plaats reactie