A street corner near the appartement complex

Plaats reactie
Overseer
Site Admin

A street corner near the appartement complex

Bericht door Overseer » 12-05-2016 16:04

Afbeelding

Alec was standing with his back to the wall as he pretended to look at his datapad, but was eyeing the people entering and leaving the Tri-Star Coffee-shop.

As he saw Ivy approaching he didn't seem to respond to her and waited for her to be close when he said to himself. "I am glad you came looking for me. We have a lot to talk about." He gave her a serious look and then nodded to walk with him.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 13-05-2016 20:20

Caramel macchiato, tripple expresso, black coffee, mocca cappuchino..
No wait, two black coffee, a caramel macchiato, tripple expresso..
Damn. How hard was it to remember this coffee list?

After the heated meeting, Ivy decided she needed to get some air. So she proposed to get everyone -at least the people who went back to Janus IV- some coffee. Dave insisted on coming along, but Ivy convinced him to meet up with Johnathan and keep an eye on him.

After the wedding Ivy decided to return to Janus IV, hoping to talk to Alec. They had a heated discussion after she revealed she told Dave and Johnathan about the old Kindred. And this new found alien superpower wasn't helping to finish their conversation. Another reason to return to Janus IV..
Sadly she couldn't find Alec and Irelia had some preperations to make, so Ivy decided to go out for a walk.

As Ivy passed the streetcorner, planning on crossing the street to visit Tri-Star, she heard a familair voice and almost jumped. Once she looked around, she noticed Alec beckoning her to walk with him. She hesitated a moment, wondering if he had been waiting for her to pass by. Knowing she would be here. Why else would he be here? Ivy took a quick glance at the coffee shop before joining Alec. "Uh sure, will get the others coffee afterwards.."

Ivy felt the need to begin their talk with an appology. "Hey, I wanted to apologize for well.. you know. They needed to know, we need to work together to catch this guy. And I thought, this was the right thing to do. I think we can trust them."[/i]

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 13-05-2016 20:36

Alec didn't speak up until after a few moments had passed. The frown on face made it clear that he still felt strongly about it. His words were slightly harsh as he said:
"I know you think you trust them." He noticed his tone and spoke more calmly, even though his eyes still angry.
"I understand you would tell Dave. But Johnathan is....how can you trust someone that doesn't trust himself and can't be trusted with himself." He stopped as he said that last bit and looked at Ivy with an intense expression.
"I agree we need to work together on this, but involving them in this was a bad idea. I am responsible for you, don't you see that?" Those last words were more a sigh then anything else and for a moment he looked extremely tired.
Alec looked away and started walking again, seemingly expecting Ivy to follow him.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 13-05-2016 21:33

Taking in a deep breath of air, Ivy prepared to throw words at him. It felt unfair. Ofcourse it hadn't been her secret to tell, but if she hadn't told Dave, she would have probably lost him. And all this was too much for her to bear on her own. She needed them to know. That was the only way they would understand and help her get the answers she needs. They needed to understand the danger Trevor was posing. She.. Needed them to know. Besides, it was Alec who got them together in the first place. Wasn't this his fault? If he hadn't invited Acid BuRn people might still be alive, Crash OveRide might still be alive. Why did he drag 'her' in all this? Why did he entrust her with this insane dangerous political plot?!

Ivy took a moment to close her eyes and breath out again. Trying to stay calm. She knew what would happen if she got emotional and she wanted to be able to finish this conversation. Once Ivy opened up her eyes again she sighed relieved that everything was still looking normal. Now that she was calm, she noticed Alec his sigh and the way he looked. Tired. Ivy grew soft towards him and lowered her guard for him.
"I've never seen Johnathan as the person you describe. The thought that he might be a shitzo never crossed my mind. He just got issues.. Painful memories of his past, seen and living through horrible things. Dealing with his pain through the use of morphine. Scared, alone and nobody understands him.. But I do. He's like me in some way. And him dealing with all this shit... After the last past year.. Lets say I start to relate.." Her voice was soft and closer to the end of her sentence even a bit shaky. It took her another moment to stay in control of her emotions.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 14-05-2016 22:19

Suddenly Alec stopped and gave her an intense stare.
After what felt like a minute he nodded, as if he agreed with something or made a decision. "No. You're not like him. Except for the fact that you feel alone." He took a step towards her and his gaze became softer as he put a hand on her shoulder.
"Why did I bring a group together consisting out of misfits? A Pirate, A Junky Schizo, an Anarchist, political hacker and a psychopath? Because I wanted the Free Wave to be a group where we can find some understanding and have something that closely resembles digital allies at least. We are all different people but we do the same thing and I, in my perhaps naïeve hope was aiming to bring them together." It was only now it was clear he felt guilty for something and he let go of Ivy's shoulder.
"I'm sorry for my part in what hardship you've been through these last few years. But...." He looked at her with an open gaze.
"..do you regret it? All the things you have uncovered and still can uncover? Wasn't that what you wanted back when I first encountered you online?" His voice was calm and understanding, but also slightly hopeful.

Plaats reactie