Warm bodies, stripclub and swingers hotspot

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 28-03-2016 12:10

"Safety is'ne a term I often use anymore," he said, looking at Trevor, "sure, we all have the need to feel we are safe and secure. But we ne'er are. And I like the thrill of it, honestly. Don't you?"
He paused for a moment and added: "Safety is an illusion, one makes up as a way to try and feel they have control over themselves. It's, like ye said, only human to do so. But just like safety, control is an illusion. One is never in control. And the more one wants to grab hold of that control, the more they lose it."
He smiled, his eyes drifting to the stage as if he was in thought.
Well it's too long living in the same old lives.
I feel too cold to live, too young to die.
Will you walk the line, like it's there to choose?
Just forget the wit, it's the best to use.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 28-03-2016 22:11

Trevor pursed his lips. There was nothing amusing about his expression now. "You have control over yourself and how you influence your surroundings. That is the control you have. Controlling everything, or at least yourself is a foolish idea. No one in 7000 years has ever been able to to it. Neither can you are me. But control is no illusion. You just need to know what you have control over Ethan." He raised his hand as he made a very important point.

"If you look at the world like you just said, then there are no rules. Then anarchy would ensue. Power would not exist, control. All illusory convictions animals have to measure influence..." His voice died out and it seemed like he was more talking to himself than to Isaac. Absent mindedly he took a bit of sausage and started eating it.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 28-03-2016 22:24

Got ye there. Hm, interesting.

He smiled, seemingly amused by Trevor's words, but not in a way that would say he was trying to insult him by laughing at him.
"I have come to belief there is more than just the rules we follow and holding onto that because we have nothing else to hold onto, Trevor," he said.

Will pissing you off give me more to work with, or will it put me in jeopardy? I'm so tempted to try how far I can go.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely," he quoted in a poetic way, "John Dalberg-Acton, I believe, said this. Historian, I ken. Control, to me, is simply a verb for power - a tool to use to beat and keep down that thing ye call a 'foolish idea'."

He smiled, but was very alert. "I completely ken yer point of view, honestly, Trev. But... it's simply not the way I have come to know how things work for me."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 29-03-2016 18:04

The left eyebrow of Trevor twitched but he managed a condescending smile. "I partly agree. But you have never had the ambition to become a senator." That last word he said as a stab.
"To be honest Ethan." He gave him a serious look. "Have you met any person with power who was not corrupt or corruptible? Not even you are corrupt in a way. " he smiled.
"And I will make you see that."
"One big happy party. Can you even imagine a world without corruption. Scary thought and highly unlikely. " he spread his arms.
"This whole world is build upon corruption, this club we are in, the Senate and even the Federation as a whole. " he shrugged.
"Is corruption a bad thing if everyone is corrupt? Is it not survival of the fittest to see if you play the game better than the rest?" He seemed rather passionate about this, as if he wanted to hear Isaac agree with him.

The crowd seemed distracted by two people who were climbing on the stage were the stripper was still dancing. They started to dance along with him and within 10 seconds both of them were tackled off the stage by bulky security guards.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 29-03-2016 19:51

I never wanted to be a senator, you're right. I'm my father's son. And I was never proud of this fact until I saw what being a senator means.

Listening to Trevor ranting about corruption, he heard and then saw the scene unfold at the stage. So that's not real. What a way to put weight to your words.

"I agree," he said, unexpectedly, "the world is build upon corruption and a lot of us feed off it."

Trevor wouldn't be able to get the emotion behind his remark, but there was definitely something there.

"Talking aboot corruption," he continued, as he sipped from his whisky without being disturbed by the scene that Trevor had added to his words, "what were ye able to find out aboot the group that lead the assault during the court case?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 29-03-2016 21:33

Trevor frowned. "Of course he had to ask."
He actually sighed before smiling painfully. "There are somethings we think we control...and we don't." Trevor shook his head.

He took a moment to think about something. "Should I tell him I lead the Kindred....? Maybe not..."
Trevor nodded. "I do know who did it." After a silence had fallen, he said. "The Kindred did...or, more likely a splinter group of them."

He looked at a point behind Isaac. "That name, the Black hand, it rang a bell. It is part of a militarized party of the Crime Syndicate." Taking another piece of meat from the plate, he found a bit of his old demeanor.
"I don't suppose you want to hear who wants to kill you right?" The Sarcasm was clear in his voice.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 29-03-2016 21:42

Isaac chuckled, but he didn't know why he did it. "The Kindred? Well, that's unexpected."
Not really, but I like the way Trevor can be honest about not being in control of everything.
"That explains why the man I tried to interrogate was so well trained to not answer questions."

He thought about it for a moment as he also took a snack from the plate. "I didn't expect someone wanted to kill me. They could've simply shot me instead of trying to kidnap me. But then again, there's probably all those questions they want to ask me before they'd do that."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 30-03-2016 10:02

Trevor made a face. "Kill, kidnap torture...tomato tomatoe. "
He seemed annoyed. "The point is that they are jealous of you." Smirking smugly. "You are a very wanted guy."
"If only to get at me. Is he my only weakness?"

Trevor chuckled. "There's this senator...And no, not Hawke, who might be the one you seek. Mitchell Qundar. " He casually said.
"You'd best be discreet around him. He can be rather intense." It was a clear warning but he didn't say Isaac shouldn't follow up.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 30-03-2016 14:11

His face turned to a dramatic showing of feeling flattered. "Jealous? Oh my." He sighed. "I wonder why they would ever be jealous of me... is It because of our very unique relationship?"
He winked at Trevor in a cheeky fashion.

Those few thoughts had given him more to think about than he realised as they sunk in. What would it mean to be Trevor's weakness? If he was, that could mean he would become a liability to Trevor if they became closer. But on the other hand, it could also mean that he could become very valuable for Trevor to keep close. Depending on how useful he'd think he would be.

He had taken a bite of the snack and measured Trevor's gaze. "But honestly, I think we could be a very good addition to each other. Dun ye agree? This Mr. Qundar, what's yer opinion about him?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 31-03-2016 10:59

Trevor was amused by Isaac's demeanor. "Yes, it seems that we have a very interesting and unique relationship." He smirked and looked away.
His gaze became slightly more serious as he was asked about the Senator. Was it fear in his eyes?
"He is....very serious. Unfortunately not very flexible in his opinion on how to rule as a senate. Honestly, I think he has over stayed his time. His brain has started rusting ages ago, though he is still as cunning as he is cold blooded."

He shrugged as if he didn't think much of it, but it was clear that something about the man disturbed Trevor.
"He would not go against me directly, the senate would lose the influence I have, but he would try to intimidate me and people who interact with me." He smiled overly friendly at Isaac.

Plaats reactie