Warm bodies, stripclub and swingers hotspot

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 31-03-2016 11:15

Isaac listened, interested in what Trevor told him about senator Qundar. It was hard not to show the man opposite him that he was surprised about the way he acted as he told about the senator. He never expected Trevor to actually be 'intimidated' or 'afraid' of someone who had an equal position. But someone like said senator, who had been in this position longer than Trevor had been and was older and more experienced, might as well have such an effect on him. It was so logical it seemed off, although Isaac had the idea Trevor was speaking his mind in an honest way.
This was also exactly what he needed to make the right move.

"Trevor," he said, after he had let the man speak, "if this is indeed the situation, we have even more reasons to work together."
He frowned and looked him straight in the eye, in a somewhat empathic way, but even more so like he was holding back a mild enthusiasm. "We have similarities, like our working history and our leadership capabilities. We are both passionate about what we want, even though it might not always be the same. We have a vision for the future of the Tri-System that might not be very far apart if we'll start discussing it."
He lifted his eyebrows slightly and grinned wolfishly. "In my humble opinion, I think we'd make an amazing team if we put some effort in it. We make sure we retrieve those artifacts from Hawke and we'll start working on a plan to take care of Qundar, in whatever way time will be grant us."
Well it's too long living in the same old lives.
I feel too cold to live, too young to die.
Will you walk the line, like it's there to choose?
Just forget the wit, it's the best to use.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 01-04-2016 18:05

Trevor seemed very surprised about the way Isaac responded but in a happy way. "I wondered when you would see the light. I have such high hopes for you, but let's first see how you handle the matter with Hawke."

Trevor chuckled, obviously amused by this tuen of events.
What kind of future do you see for the Tri-System? I wonder if and how it coincides with mine." he smirked but seemed genuinely interested, not thar anyone else but Isaac could tell.
"I wonder if he agrees the old system is broken."

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 01-04-2016 21:15

Before he could give good answer to that question, the right choice of words was essential to his explanation. He ate the snack that he had just taken a bite of and swallowed it with a sip of whisky.

"The thing that bothers me the most right now, is the lack of efficiency most parties carry out. CSS was long gone already and now the martial law has set in, I feel like they were already way too late to make things right again. The balance shifted too far to one way. I dun necessarily think the Order and the Federation should be on the same page on all things, but causing wars is something we didn't explore this Tri-System for. All our ancestors had the goal to built a society out of these sets of planets, to prosper, but I have the feeling that all we're currently doing is pointing fingers. We are not succeeding."
He stopped to think again. "Cooperating is important, but ye dun need to be best friends to do that. And ego gets in the way of realizing - or rather wanting to realize - that. We forgot that now we've built a society, we need to think further than gather resources and explore space. We need to built something that future generations can built on as well and that they can be proud of."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 02-04-2016 10:59

Trevor nodded. "Things have always been the same. Since we were young, nothing really changed in the world. This war..." He waved his arm in a casual way. "...is just an extention of the previous one. Cause by the same people. The only difference is that both sides have had time to recuperate and build a new army."

He had a condescending expression as he continued. "This war is about.. .nothing. it's a farce. About fictive arguments that people give to make the masses hear what they expect to hear. Truth is that two people can start a war. You just need two ....idiots." shaking his head in disgust.

He suddenly looked at Isaac. "Then how. How would you change the world Ethan?" His face showed he was rather curious, as if this was exactly he had wanted to talk about ever since he had met Ethan.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 02-04-2016 14:24

Isaac nodded, understanding and possibly agreeing with what Trevor said. "I would'ne do it all by meself and I'd want to involve people and parties that support my view. And I would do it step by step." He sipped his whisky and said back on the couch, closing his eyes for a moment. "There are people within all existing parties that have a positive and realistic view on what should change and what should stay. I'm not eager to be in charge of anything anymore but I'd like to be the middle ground."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 02-04-2016 21:31

Trevor nodded. "But, let's just speculate for a second, that you would have the people and support you needed. How, would you, and please don't be vague, do this? What kinds of means are allowed to achieve that goal?"

He smiled at Isaac as if he had gotten him stuck, right were he wanted him. "Wouldn't some means that you thought were...inhumane, be an option, if it would achieve the results you seek? Would you use them?"

Taking another snack and thought for a moment. "And here is the dilemma: You will need to do things you don't like, but bring results. If you don't you won't change things the right way." He made it sound as if it was something he himself thought about a lot from his position.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 02-04-2016 21:45

He sighed, as if he were annoyed by what the man said. "I'm not naive, Trevor. Don't act like ye don't know. I've hurt a lot of people already, ye know I'm prepared to make sacrifices to get to a certain point where I believe I want to be to make changes. Should I sum it all up?"
Another sip of whisky reminded him that the question wasn't entirely answered yet, but he had trouble to be calm and collected with this much alcohol in his blood.
"I'm curious," he said, suddenly and less agitated, "why did you ask Dave those questions aboot me? Ye thought he'd be able to tell ye what I couldn't have told ye meself? Ye could've just asked me..."
He lifted his hand: "A perfect example of a situation in which I would've stayed what you'd probably call 'humane'. There are so much more ways to get information..."
He seemed sincerely interested in what Trevor would answer to this and strangely enough he looked more that than judgemental about his 'means to an end'.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 03-04-2016 22:51

It was as if that hit a spot with Trevor, he seemed hurt in a way.
"It was...." He thought for a moment before he continued.
"We all see the world differently and each reaction to the same thing is different. Dave's view is rather different than that of many others. It makes me see how others perceive the world. I go through great lengths to ensure my view on the world is correct." He pursed his lips and frowned.

"You...interest me. And even though I could ask you questions, I do not know if you are telling the truth, besides...the truth is everything that you can prove...thus you need referencing to measure situations with. He told me how protective you were about people within your care, which is something you only understand if you hear it from someone who experienced it first hand." Trevor shrugged and sighed.
"The reason I did it to him, instead of diplomacy is this: Every person can be broken. No matter if it takes minutes or weeks, but in the end you can get them to tell you or do what you want. It is the way you know you will have results, while diplomacy would have been an option, he would never have any dealings with me. And not just because I am a senator." He rolled his eyes. "Apparently he doesn't like me very much. Can't say I'm surprised." Shrugging again as if he didn't care he asked another waiter for a drink.

"I think that you would talk him into the idea that you are trustworthy and in such a way make him tell you what you need to know. Am I right?" Trevor asked as the Waiter walked off to the bar.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 03-04-2016 23:04

Isaac's gaze darkened when Trevor told part of the story in his own way, using examples and references that made everything what Dave had told him even more realistic. He had a lot of trouble to keep his cool and not let his mind slide into the empathy in which he would visualize what Dave could have experienced in Trevor's merciless hands.
He finished the glass of whisky he still held in his hand and closed his eyes for a moment, to get himself together again while leaning forward, his elbows resting on his thighs. It was clear to the man next to him that he was deep in thought for some reason.
Then he replied, looking up at Trevor from under his eyelashes, his hands folded together. "If I had any reason to want information from him, I would've let 'em see the truth of things. Reality is scarier than anything I can come up with. Dave is not a lad who is too stubborn or arrogant to see what's going on around him. Remember that in my opinion, we need to work together with the people who have it in their hearts and minds to do things they deem necessary to change this world. I would figure out if he's one of those people and else I would'ne pay no mind to him."
He leaned back again, without removing his gaze. "Would ye do such a thing to me? Would ye deem yer ways necessary to get what you want?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 03-04-2016 23:21

Trevor thought about it for a moment.
"Maybe. But not very likely if we would work together. I see no use in breaking you Ethan. I am interested in hearing your vision of the world, not to silence it."
He managed a small smile.

"I need a good reason Ethan. I can't just go out and torture people without reason. Let's face it, I would not accomplish anything and people would find out eventually." He nodded to the Waiter who brought him another cocktail and drank from it.

"What would you try to do to me if I do things you don't agree with?" He asked seriously and with a tense expression.

Plaats reactie