The warehouse:R3-Bo0t's place

Old Topics
Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 04-04-2016 21:05

Ivy looked back at Dave for a moment, having the feeling he was not going to let this go. Maybe he would, but she knew he would hate it and begin keeping things from her again. The silence lasted 30 seconds now and Ivy looked away. Biting her lip, thinking. Finally she looked back up at him and said "Because I'm part of the old wolves.." Looking into Dave's eyes, searching for a response which told her he understood. "If you don't know what that means, you should ask your old man."

Breaking off the eye-to-eye connection, Ivy walked over to the computer Johnathan was sitting at. Looking over his shoulder at the screen. "What's this?" It took a moment before she realized what it could be "Are all these cases related to the Kindred?" Ivy's eyes whidened as she studied a few articles. "You collected this? Or where is this comming from?" An idea popped her mind. "If we can find proof Trevor is their leader... We could go public with this!" Though something didn't seem right.. "Till when goes this all back?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 04-04-2016 21:43

R3-b0ot had openen multiple windows through a self made search engine and Ivy could tell it used a great many Databases, possibly those of CSS themselves.

Dave's eyes widened and he seemed to think really fast and then he looked at Johnathan's expression. Johnathan started to type in '+Old-wolves+Kindre~" When Dave suddenly pulled the plug from the computer. As the electronics powered down, Johnathan looked at him with an angry expression. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" He yelled at Dave.

Dave looked calm and collected and looked at Ivy first with a serious frown before turning to Johnathan. "If you had just searched that, the guy that WE are going to fight against KNOWS that we KNOW. THINK for fuck sake before you use a 'dirty-client'." He crossed his arms in an angry way as he looked from Johnathan to Ivy.

His gaze lingered with her. "Old Wolves huh?! That makes us even...." It was clear he wanted to add more to that sentence but bit his tongue to say things he didn't want to.
He let a silence fall for a moment and it was Johnathan who placed his head in his hands. "Shit......fuck.....I....almost.....I.....shit." He started shaking and quickly went for another cigarette to light, which was hard due to his trembling hands.

Dave seemed to calm down slightly after seeing Johnathan's reaction but still frowned at Ivy.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 05-04-2016 21:12

In the silence that followed, Ivy could hear the drumming of her own heartbeat. It was a deafening sound that made her anxious. Anxious for Dave his reaction to what she just told him. She planned to not look into his eyes to find out that the answer was a dissapointed, maybe mad, but defently painful expression. All of the sudden the computer lost power and she saw Dave holding the plug. Was he that mad at her?

Ivy failed her plan and was now looking into Dave's eyes, there was a serious frown on his face. She flinched for a second. As she heard his explenation why he pulled the plug, she realized what Johnathan had almost done. If it wasn't for Dave's wit, they would be in a lot.. LOT of trouble! She could not respond to the situation since it was Dave's gaze which caught her eyes again. Ivy could not move a muscle. He was mad..

Her mouth was dry, prefenting her to reply to his words. That made them even, yes, but she didn't want them to be even. Ivy broke their gaze and looked away to see Johnathan struggling with the mistake he just, almost, made. Now struggling with lighting his cigarette. With a sigh Ivy shook her head and walked up to him, taking the lighter from him, helping him light his cigarette. After giving him the lighter back, she looked back at Dave who was still looking at her with this.. Frown. "I guess we are."

"I have been since a few months now." She explained. "They want to make the world a better place. Fight the injustice and make sure the power is in the hands of the common people instead of a few individuals. Like a certain senator. They told me about Trevor. The old wolves are not part of the today's Kindred. They operate from the shadows and are only with a few." Ivy explained carefully with a soft voice. "I am supposed to keep this a secret, so I hope you understand I can't tell you more than this. Except for the fact that I trust you with this information and we need to work together on this and share everything we know to make a stop to his." looking at Johnathan first, before resting her eyes on Dave, awaiting his response.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 06-04-2016 21:37

Dave had been angry, or was it just frustrated before? But now he was slowly calming down and he walked over to Ivy to give her a comforting hug.
"Thanks for telling me." He softly said to Ivy as he let her go again with a small smile. It was clear he was doing his best to not ask more questions and looked to Johnathan.

Johnathan's eyes were going from one side of the room to the other as if his thoughts went really fast. "Shit.....wolves...wolves.....Kindred.....Trevor....splintergroups...." Mumbling to himself, he had his arms wrapped around his body as if he needed comforting, but then took out a small medical dispenser and injected himself with some kind of drug.
Dave's eyes looked in shock how Johnathan was slowly letting his high kick in. After 30 seconds, the mumbling stopped and there was only a neutral expression on Johnathan's face.

"What the fuck? What did you use?" Dave asked both concerned and suspicious.
Johnathan gave him a blank look and calmly said. "I take morphine...." It was as if Johnathan was now cooping with whatever problem he just had and now sat down on the chair again.
"So what now then?" Dave asked no one in particular.
"Is this our thing, do we need to involve other people as well? I think we need help, in someway, to get to this guy. But why are we doing this and not the Archon. Shouldn't he be the one fixing this? He brought us together didn't he?" Dave looked at Ivy as he asked for her opinion.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 03-05-2016 16:15

To her relief, Dave reacted with understanding and did not ask any more questions about it. The way he reacted calmed her down again and Ivy let out a deep breath to let go of the rising tension. It was a huge risk to tell them about the Old Kindred, but she had the feeling she could trust them both and that she needed to share this.

If Dave would have looked towards Ivy, he could tell she was not surprised by the morphine intake. In the beginning she wanted to make him stop taking morphine, help him detox, but after what Jonathan told her, she wasn't sure she should. Actually.. after all what has happened these last few months, she realized she was starting to get curious about the drug..

A thinking frown appeared on Ivy's face. "Yes, this is our thing. The Free Wave has been targeted and Johnathan is being hunt down since the MurrayCup scene. Nobody should mess around with our digital family. I won't allow it." Ivy said passionate. "I don't think it should be the Archon who needs to fix this, we are all involved. But I agree we should involve him in this. We could try to contact him through the channel." Ivy took the plug from Dave and plugged it in again.

While waiting for the pc to restart, her thoughts drifted off. "Sorry I forgot Johnathan, but how again do you know that the guy who screwed us over helped Homeland sec in the past? Do you have any proof, data or signature we can use?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 03-05-2016 20:04

Johnathan looked at Ivy with half closed eyes and a neutral expression. "Proxy's. The guy...that was hacking for Homeland..or the Kindred...long time ago....used specific proxies. The patterns aren't....some found it hard to see...but is very clear to me." His voice was different from before. He spoke in a flat tone but clear and without anxiety.

"It might be the same guy. But we don't know that until....we get the guy." He shook his head. "There is no real proof. Just things that...happened...during my time with the Digi-Sec-job I had been working on." He stared at Ivy and didn't move his gaze from her.

Dave seemed rather uneasy with how Johnathan was suddenly acting differently because of his drugs. He looked at Ivy with an unspoken question on his lips, but then spoke up. "I agree with you. We....We are all in this together. I just hoped he would join us himself. Then again....I would be surprised if he wasn't working on something himself, or he simply doesn't trust any of us anymore." Dave shrugged and frowned.
"We have to do something. But where do we start? Going to Massanas with no plan seems like a bad idea to me."

He started pacing through the large room and seemed to be thinking. Johnathan then said. "We can see if we can find....where on Massanas he works from? That way we don't have to go there ourselves."

Dave looked at him with clear surprise in his eyes. He seemed to think for a moment and then nodded. "By using a client there? Using a remote connection through proxies? Sounds...good." He looked towards Ivy, wondering what she thought about the idea.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 03-05-2016 22:26

"If he still is on Massanas that is.." Ivy concluded after a moment of consideration. "He knows that we installed the virus on this burner pc and tried to track him. If he is smart, he would move. At least, that is what I would do." She shrugged while staring at the keyboard. "Then again, it has been a few weeks since we did.. and nothing happened. Maybe he lowered down his guard by now." Looking up at Dave "We could at least give it a try.."

Ivy looked around for her bag and walked over to grab it. Swinging it back over her shoulder, like she was ready to leave. "Well? What are you waiting for? We aren't in the age where we can digitally 'arrest' a guy from a distance. We will need to be on Massanas to try to catch him when he makes a run for it. Which he will as soon we traced him." Throwing a wink at Dave.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 04-05-2016 17:38

He gave her a boyish grin and followed her.
R3-b0ot lowly stood up and walked with them.
"I'm going to need to stop at Tri-Star's first." There was a vague smile on his face as he walked with them. He checked his (new?) datapad quickly and then kept walking.

Plaats reactie