The Sinners Inn: Day after the attack on the City Hall

Old Topics
Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 09-02-2016 22:30

Ivan's eyes lid up. "You want to help on my shiep? That's great! But It really has no hurry. I am not expected back soon....but if you really want to see your man soon, we will have to do something about it won't we?" He cheered up and drank the vodka in his hand like it was water and put the glass back on the table.

"You miss him...I see iet." Ivan said with the voice of someone who is tipsy and trying to be tactful. "How soon do YOU want to go back?"

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 09-02-2016 22:42

"I need to take care of a few things before I can think about leaving. It also depends on how bad they hurt that ship of yours." Actually she would love to return straight away, but with all the shit that is going on right now, she knew she couldn't leave just yet. Besides, tinkering on a ship might be a welcome distraction for once.

Ivy thought for a moment, she was here to talk to Joe, but maybe Ivan had some answers for her as well. "Hmm, Ivan. That pilot, Sid, he's actually a friend of mine too and a great pilot as crazy as you. You know his story?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 09-02-2016 22:56

As happy as he had just been, so disgusted he was now. Like someone fed him a cake that had gone bad.
"I know he's a piece of shiet. He ...." He seemed to realize she actually liked to know. "Well...." He inhaled deeply and started talking.
"You know WE like to have the best of the best, to have the upper hand, Yes? Sidd was supposed to deliver them to us from a other party. When he arrived at the rendezvous, great many military ships were after him." There was a sigh.
"Iet was a slaughter... Sidd got away with the cargo, or at least...no one found the cargo, so It's clear he stole it!" He seemed to think for a moment.
"You don't really want to know what happened right? I mean..."He whispered." Everyone says that he's to blame, the evidence is there..."

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 09-02-2016 23:12

Woops, he was sure loyal to the clan. Maybe she should choose her words more carefully. "Hmm, if thats true, he sure is a piece of shit to pull that off. Thats not how I know him." Letting him know she was on their side by agreeying with him. Ivy came closer and whispered back "What evidence is there?" sounding interested.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 10-02-2016 17:21

Ivan seemed surprised by her question but then continued in a soft tone. "Well the old man is the best person to have all the info, right? But here's what I know. Jash, Dave and a few others who are with...us....for a long time know Sidd. They really dislike him, even did so before this bad business happened." He gave Ivy a meaningful look. "Of course back then they were still a thing you know so..not sure if that was just their own opinion. ..but at any rate. Sidd would be the one to deliver cargo to us from a place that the seller had picked and was to deliver it to coordinates where both we and the seller's representatives were waiting for him to finalise the deal. When he arrived, he brought a small fleet of military ships with him....federation you see, they don't much care for piracy." Ivan smirked.
" Because of the chaps, the traitor escaped with the cargo." He concluded.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 10-02-2016 19:27

"Wait... what?" her eyes widened. Slowly she let the news sink in "Oh..." her stomach turned again when realizing she had reunited Dave with his ex. Leaving him there. With her. Could she trust him? How long were they a couple? Who broke up and for what reason? Why hadn't he told her? Did he hate Sidd or was she? Thousands of questions popped her mind..

Ivy nearly missed the rest of Ivan's words, but she could push it away for 2 whole minutes.

Sidd was in a lot of trouble. This story sounded legit. If it was true she could imagine the clan suspecting him of foul play. The only reason why she doubted the story to be true was the fact that Sidd had never lied to her before and this sure didn't sound like proof.
"Damn.. I can relate. But to be honest Ivan, this doesn't really sound like actual proof he betrayed us." she responded carefully.

How could someone expect her to stay on Hermes and do her job, while she knew this? Suddenly everything seemed small and meaningless. Besides, she could do the digital research from the clan's headquarters too, right?

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 10-02-2016 20:31

Ivan seemed to think about it. He frowned and scratched his scruffy beard.
"I do see what you mean, but it is very big coincidence. Sidd arrives, so does Federation ships. That and the fact that the cargo is nowhere to be found made everyone blame him. That included the seller." Ivan noticed Ivy was troubled by his word.
"Oh shit. Dave never got to mention that...oh..." after a brief moment of silence he added loudly. "Don't worry! Dave likes you! And Tash and Dave hate each other most of the time anyway..." He placed a hand on her should let as a comforting gesture.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 10-02-2016 20:47

"Right.. then there is nothing to fear I guess." Ivy concluded with a wry smile, not really sure she believed his words. But she was grateful for his understanding and kind gestures this evening. This man had a big heart.

How much did she really know about Dave his past? Sure he told her about his youth, but he never told her much about the rest of it. Why was she all of the sudden this insecure? It wasn't like she had told him everything there was to know about herself. Ivy let out a deep sigh. Maybe this feeling would blow over eventually. Let it go for now, she told herself.

Ivy thought about the whole Sidd situation, but actually she already knew what her next step was going to be. "What if I told you I want to try to find out what happened to the cargo?" there was a determined look in her eyes "I could use your help, though."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 10-02-2016 21:36

He seemed blown away by that remark.
"You want to find out what happened? Really?" When she mentioned his help he made a face. "Me? You don't really need me right? I mean, Ivan is a simple man. Likes simple things, like booze! What could I possibly do for Ivy?" He asked her with a genuine tone in his voice.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 10-02-2016 21:49

A starting smile grew bigger "Well, you're a great pilot for starters. You got a ship which I can fix. You're a friend of Dave. You know where and when the drop was and ofcourse who the seller was." she summed it up, going over the last part rather quickly to not emphasize that bit. "Let's get you a drink and toast on our mutual mission!" turning to the young man behind the bar. "Hey, can I get another wodka for my friend here and some Leviatah Soda for me?"

Plaats reactie