Kiowan Fleet after Ivy and Dave 'catched up'

Space between the Tri-systems
Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 14-03-2016 21:19

Dave closed his eyes and led out a long sigh.
"There were multiple reasons...." After he long silence he realized he would have to respond to that question with more detail.

"The cargo was...." he bit his lip but then continued. "Valueable. So valuable that we had been planning this exchange for months. At that time, we had reasonably good connections with Tarsus. They had been supplying us with prototypes, much like the Corell corp has done in the past...." He stared at a point past Ivy.
"They had the cargo and wanted to sell it. To the highest bidder. We have put over 5 billion worth of credits and equipment and with that only out bid the other buyers with a small margin."
He paused for a moment.
"Sophia Sax would be the neutral party in this exchange, so that neither we nor Tarsus had a chance to set each other up. When the time came, the person who would deliver the cargo, Sidd jumped in to the sector...followed by a small fleet of Federation forces...." He sighed and closed his eyes. It was clear he felt sad thinking about it.
"We lost so many of our friends that day. Tarsus blamed us and Sophia Blamed Sidd." Dave looked at Ivy with a frown.

"With everything that had happened it made sense that it would be Sidd that tried to swindle the cargo. But WE only know for sure after the torture that it can't be true..." It was clear he didn't like the fact they had tortured Sidd, but he didn't seem to have deep regrets about it.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 14-03-2016 21:44

Turning her eyes away from Dave, Ivy felt herself turning a bit pale. The blood slowly dissapearing from her face. An unpleasant gutfeeling made her nauseous and her mouth was dry, which made it hard to swallow. "What was the cargo...?" It took a lot of effort, but the question left her lips.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 14-03-2016 21:53

Dave gave her a look that made it clear he didn't want to say it but he knew he had to. "Fuck....."
He put his face in his hands for a moment. After inhaling deeply he looked up at her again. His face looked really unhappy, it was clear he knew she didn't want to hear what it was.
"The cargo...was a thing that one of the expeditions of Tarsus uncovered somewhere. We were told it was a sort of AI....a thing that run on something that could never run out of power and had the processing power of 9000 Targeting computers..." He sighed and let himself fall back on the back as he groaned.
"Some alien tech we thought would give us the edge we needed for the years to come...." He closed his eyes and frowned.
"But all we got was a large bill and no cargo..."

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 14-03-2016 22:46

He was right. This was NOT what Ivy wanted to hear. She wanted, no, she NEEDED to hear that whatever she was thinking was wrong. That it was some other insane investment worth 5 billion credits. Ivy felt sick. Shoving back her chair, she tried to get up.

No, this isn't happening. This can't be true.

Standing up, she turned her back towards Dave. Not wanting him to see what was so clearly present on her face. What was she to do? Should she be telling him the truth? That she knew who took the artefact? Who had it right now? It was suddenly a good thing that she didn't know where it was right now. Was the Kiowan worth trusting in this? What would he do with the artefact if it was even worth torturing Sidd for answers he didn't know.
Suddenly it made sense why Trevor abducted and tortured Dave. Cause of the alien Artifact. And because he probably knew him to be the leader of the Kiowan.

Ivy knew she had to make a decision right now this very instant..
"You... Of all people.. Are okay with torturing an innocent man over some... alien tech??" Ivy closed her eyes, not wanting to do this. "You nearly died when Trevor did the same to you.." She started to pack her things, delaying the moment she had to look at him. This was too much of a coincidence, what if he already knew that she knows? She wanted to give him the benefit of a doubt and think about telling him everything, but not right now. She had to think about this. "Believing someone like Sophia Sax over a pilot." The last was nothing more than a mere whisper. Ivy felt being torn apart, it was heartbreaking to do this to him.

"I think its best if Ivan gives me a ride home."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 14-03-2016 22:56

"You what?!" Dave shot upright when she said that.
It was clear he was getting frustrated and angry and there was a deep frown on his face.
"I would have gladly died to protect all the secrets I carry....But torturing Sidd was a calculated risk. Because if it WASN'T Sidd we'dd have much bigger problems. Don't you see?" He looked at her an then shrugged.
"I understand that you don't. You're a good person at heart....."

He sighed. "If you want to go, I won't stop you. Just....don't tell people...what I am to the Kiowan." He sounded frustrated and he looked away from Ivy, waiting for what she might decide to do.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 14-03-2016 23:13

Tears started to well up in her eyes. Being torn after hearing his words. What if she was making a big mistake by not telling him? "I do know.." She cries softley, wanting to tell him the truth. Maybe she should, maybe they can be working together on this. God, where were you Ethan?

Ivy finally turned around, revealing the tears in her eyes. "You won't even try to stop me?" What he had said really hurt her. "As long I keep your secret.."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 14-03-2016 23:30

He looked back at her. There was something in his gaze that she had not expected. Was it amazement?

He slowly stood up and wanted to comfort her, but Ivy shrugged and moved out of his grip. Dave moved his hands beside his body and seemed to find the right words.
"I can't keep you here. I can't force you to listen to me. I won't expect you to understand the Clan's decisions or mine." He sighed.
"You are allowed to leave anytime you wish and I understand you would want to get away from me as fast as you probably can." He crossed his arms and looked at the ground.
"I....do love you.....that doesn't change, but I won't claim you and keep you here if that's what you're expecting. You get to be as free as you want to be."

He looked up at Ivy again and it was clear that Dave was holding his emotions back himself. "If you will tell others what I told you though, I'd prefer to know upfront....Since I know I can't keep you from telling people if you want to now." He let his arms down his sides again and waited for Ivy to either leave or stay. It was clear he was unsure about how this would end.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 14-03-2016 23:55

Those words broke her.

Ivy stumbled backwards till the back of her knees bumped against the bed. She lowered herself down on the soft matress and burried her face inside her hands. "And still you don't ask me to stay.." Shaking her head in disbelief about what she was about to say.

"What if I told you it is in a safe place?" Ivy looked up at Dave, a tear sliding down her cheek. "Would you still let me leave or make me the next calculated risk?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 15-03-2016 08:09

Dave needed a moment to process that information. Opening his mouth a few times and closing it again.
When he said something it was with a broken voice.
"My brain can't wrap around how you would have gotten that specific artifact...." It was clear he was holding tears back.
"I's it really the one I described? We know of other artifacts and have some experience with them. This one is different. .."
He took a step towards her, his gaze unsteady.
"If you tell me what you know, I'll let you go." His voice was broken and it was clear he felt extremely bad about this but he was serious about what he said. He didn't respond to the 'calculated risk' remark.
"Why didn't you tell me?" It was clear now that he was on the verge of breaking as well.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 15-03-2016 11:40

Ivy studied Dave his demeanour the moment she told him.
It was a huge risk she took by telling him, she knew this, but at least she got her answers now.
Though she didn't like it. Shaking her head in disbelief, another tear slid down her face and a sharp sting in her heart made her realize.
There was little left of the Dave she knew. Instead the leader of the Kiowan was standing in front of her.
A struggle between his feelings for her and the need to get done what needs to be done for the good of the Kiowan.
And by the look of it, the last one seemed to be winning over the other.
Her stomach turned and she felt really sick right now. This was a nightmare.
How could a moment of happiness turn all of the sudden into a nightmare?

She couldn't belief he would turn on her like this. For a moment she felt scared.
Scared of losing him, but also scared about the person who stood in front of her.
Ivy cast her eyes down. "I did not tell you, because this topic had never been brought up before."
A deep sigh left her lips as she tried to keep strong.
"I don't know much. All I know is that people have been murdered cause of it. Now I think of it, that's probably why Trevor tortured you.. didn't he?" carefully looking up at Dave.
Ivy looked away again and a small pause fell before she continued. "I don't know where it is, but I do know it is safe and shouldn't fall into the wrong hands."

Plaats reactie