The warehouse:R3-Bo0t's place

Old Topics
Overseer
Site Admin

The warehouse:R3-Bo0t's place

Bericht door Overseer » 29-03-2016 22:53

As Ivy and Dave walked into the Aurelians gang territory, Ivy was greeted by some of the people standing guard with guns. Dave looked at them with an interested gaze as if he was scoping them out and deciding their value.

As they entered the Warehouse their eyes adjusted to the light inside. Johnathan was sitting in a corner on a mattress. He looked up at them and seemed happy to see Ivy, but as he saw Dave he seemed to immediately feel uncomfortable.
"Ey...."

Afbeelding

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 29-03-2016 23:09

It was good to see Johnathan again, she felt there was this awkward friendship between them. But then again, Johnathan just was far from being ordinary. "Ey Johnathan" Ivy smiled while walking over. As she came closer, she could see he felt uncomfortable and maybe even a bit nervous with Dave around. "It's okay, he's a good friend of mine. This is Dave." Introducing them, she looked back at Dave "Dave this is Johnathan."

Ivy stood by Johnathan to support him. She knew he wasn't fond of strangers at all.. "Actually, he's a good friend of 'ours'." Implying that he knew him as well.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 30-03-2016 08:58

Dave looked at Ivy with an annoyed expression when she called him a good friend but didn't say anything about it.
Dave gave him a smile though and extended his hand. Jonathan looked at the hand but didn't shake it.
"You were in the race during the hack...." Was all Johnathan said.
Dave's smile faded slightly and looked at Ivy before looking back at Johnathan again.
"Yeah. I was."
"But you were helping, how?" Johnathan seemed confused or impressed.

Dave smiled painfully and tapped his skull. "TSI-4 prototype. "

Johnathan's eyes widened. "1337 then...." He looked away for a moment, his eyes still wide.
"Dave Poral, born on Terrel. Grew up in a repair shop. Was recruited into racing at the age of 15. Won 3 titles in the armature league and 1 as a pro. Suspected connection to the Kiowan. Now confirmed by linking you to what 1337 has been doing."

He looked back at Dave with a more neutral gaze. "I....am R3-b0ot. "He said with a small smile. Suddenly he said:"I don't shake hands."

Dave didn't seem angry at him for knowing all of this about him but was more impressed than anything. "Good work. Not many would be able to get that much data on me without getting hints from me, or did Ivy help."

Johnathan shook his head and lit cigarette. "I know more...but...I don’t want to hurt you...."

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 30-03-2016 19:58

Ivy rolled her eyes at Dave once he gave her the annoyed look and smiled at him right after. "Well, actually he's my guy." Throwing Dave a wink. Once Johnathan concluded that Dave had been in the race Ivy wasn't surprised. She simply shrugged as Dave shared looks with her. All by all you could say the introduction went more smooth than she imagined, look at that, Johnathan was even smiling at Dave. There might be hope they were going to like eachother. Good.

"You keep on amazing me.." The surprise was clearly present in her voice and once again she was impressed by what Johnathan seemed to know. "Don't worrie, he did the same thing with me. He's talented." Though she was really interested in knowing what else Johnathan knew about Dave, Ivy knew it was not her place to ask. Thats why she kept silent.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 31-03-2016 08:59

Johnathan seemed unfazed by the information that they were a couple although he wasn't less awkward. "I saw...the Murray cup you know....most of the people who see you two together...never mind." He took another drag from his cigarette.

Dave seemed amused and chuckled. "So, you managed to trace the traitor? How did you do it?" He asked slightly suspiciously.

Johnathan moved his weight from one foot to the other and he looked at Ivy for a moment as if he wanted her to explain for a moment but then reconsidered. "I wrote the exploit that was used during the hack....but it did not land on the node as I had send it. Was tampered with by the...ass hole who is driving The Free Wave apart. " He was clearly still very angry about this, but after he stopped talking his seemed to lose the will to say more. He walked over to the computer, which was littered by take away espresso cups and felt if there was any left in one of them. After finding one he drank the now cold espresso.

Dave frowned at him and exchangedrank more looks with ivy. "So if you didn't fuck it up, how did someone else edit the code?" He asked to no one in particular. He looked at Ivy and there was a moment of realisation on his face."oh..." He facepalmed so hard that R3-b0ot dropped the espresso cup. "Shit." He said as it hit the floor, though it was already empty.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 31-03-2016 22:45

Ivy gave Johnathan an encouraging nod to tell Dave what he told her a while ago. Once again she could feel the anger in his voice, sharing it. It was like her anger towards it had been burning on a low pit these last few weeks, but now it was lit up again. They needed to find this asshole. Maybe by getting their minds together, they might come up with something.

As Johnathan walked over to the computer she set up, she realized the empty espresso cups didn't surprise her anymore. But as he found a cup with left overs and emptied the cup by drinking the remains, Ivy frowned.
To her surprise Dave exchanged that same look and she couldn't help but smile.

oh... Shit

It seemed like Dave suddenly realized something which he hadn't though of. "What is it??" Ivy her voice was filled with curiosity and a part worried. She had no clue what he was thinking. "I'm so going to hit you if you tell me you KNOW who did it.." she felt anxious "Could it be what I thought it could be?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 01-04-2016 18:34

Dave shook his head. "I don't know who did it. But it is most likely done by a ghost." he rolled his eyes and sat down on the ground next to the computer.
"So it's an AI or someone who got into the server before us so he could alter the code. " he looked at both Ivy and Johnathan.

Johnathan smiled. " Yeah man..... I said that too... To Ivy... But whst does that mean though? " his frustration made him less awkward as he spoke to Dave.

Dave shook his head. " That the hacker worked with the Kindred...." He said with a sigh as he looked at R3-b0ot and Ivy in turn.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 01-04-2016 22:49

Exchanging looks with both Dave and Johnathan, Ivy spoke up to both of them "All I know is that I think neither of us is responsible. I also know that we could solve this thing if we work together. So let's put our cards on the table and put the pieces together okay?" Pointing the question to both men.

"Let's see. We know it has to be one of us, part of The Free Wave I mean. Since it's not us and I know for sure it isn't The Archon either. The ones which are left are Acid BuRn and Crash OveRide. Acid seems to be a ghost, nobody can track him down or find information on him, never leaves traces. And Crash.. Well I don't know much about him really.." Ivy was deeply concentrated and sunken away in her thoughts.

"We know the hacker is on Massanas, or at least he/she was when Johnathan tracked down the signal. The hacker used Johnathan's virus, intercepted it and changed the code, creating a backdoor. This way the hacker can access all the systems the virus is present on. So I put the virus on the computer" pointing towards the pc they were sitting at "and comtacted the hacker. Johnathan used the connection to track him down." Explaining to Dave how they tracked em down.

"Dave was contacted by someone on Massanas, warning him of an assault on the Final of the Murray cup.." She told Johnathan after which she looked at Dave "please add details if I forgot to mention them."

"During the final of the Murray Cup the remaining pilots were attacked by Kindred, who were ready to abuse the absent security. So its high and likely the hacker works for the Kindred. And Trevor Liosis is at the head of them. Who is the boss of Homeland Security." Stating the last few details with a look towards Johnathan. "Could you tell Dave what you told me? You can trust him."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 02-04-2016 11:06

Both Dave and Johnathan looked at Ivy with big eyes.
"HE IS WHAT?!" Dave asked loudly, showing disbelief on his face.
Dave looked at Johnathan.
Johnathan in turn looked at Ivy wider eyed and then looked back at Dave. "How.....Do you.... know that?" Dave asked as he slowly stood up again. It was as if there was something he was thinking about now that he did nother want to think about.

Johnathan lit another cigarette and shook his head. "Shit....shit....shit...." He walked over to the computer and started working anxiously.

Ivy Yang

Bericht door Ivy Yang » 03-04-2016 21:25

Their reaction suprised Ivy and caught her of guard. She had no idea this detail had so much impact, but the longer she thought about it, the more she realized it was a big deal. Ivy could hit herself in the head for not telling Dave sooner and Johnathan, well there was still that much he didn't know yet. Ivy walked away from the computer and started to pace, hitting the top of her hand with her palm. "I'm so sorry, I can't believe I havn't told you sooner." Ivy shook her head in disbelief while her mind kept wandering. "Lately it seems I am forgetting things. Like this. I forget that I havn't told you guys, thinking what I know is common knowledge." Ivy stopped pacing and looked at Dave. Looking really sorry.

"I have been investigating the Kindred and they seem.. devided. they call themselves the old and the new. The new do awfull things and the old try to make a change in things and stop the new. You can guess on which side Trevors on." It was the closest to the truth she could tell them, at least for now.
As she caught sight of Johnathan working anxiously on the computer, she seemed worried. "What things does it change?" Looking questionly at Johnathan and Dave.

Plaats reactie