Tri-Star Coffeeshop near the appartement complex

Old Topics
Overseer
Site Admin

Tri-Star Coffeeshop near the appartement complex

Bericht door Overseer » 09-04-2016 21:22

Afbeelding

It was evening and there were a few people sitting at Tri-Star to discuss things after work, or just meet people there to forget about work. Many people here just minded their own business and were enjoying their coffee.
As Isaac walked in he spotted Irelia sitting at a booth in the back so they might have a bit of privacy. There already was a cup on her table, which probably held a Caramel Late Machiato.
She didn't see him yet and was looking out of the window. As Isaac passed a table with businessmen and heard part of their converstation. "...It's just not the same you know, it is like Tri-Star, but Pequad's will never be the new Tri-Star."
"I heard it's way better than Tri-Star though, my friends they~ "

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 09-04-2016 21:32

The past couple of weeks he had been training hard on the new extension of his gift with Rachel. It had been a funny experience, but at first she had needed to calm him down because he had been close to freaking out when he discovered it. Now he had the idea it was getting under his control more and more, he was a lot calmer about it.
When walking by the customers, he didn't pay mind to the conversation much. On a planet like this they could have the luxury to talk about subjects concerning which was the better café. He walked up to the counter to grab himself a cup of coffee first before he walked further into the place, towards the boot where Irelia was sitting.
He sat opposite her before he said anything and looked at her with a smile as she was daydreamingly looking out of the window. "Guid mornin', lass," he said with a warm smile as he greeted her, measuring her gaze. There had been something about the message that had disturbed him, but he hadn't been able to figure out what. He hoped he would now.
Well it's too long living in the same old lives.
I feel too cold to live, too young to die.
Will you walk the line, like it's there to choose?
Just forget the wit, it's the best to use.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 09-04-2016 21:39

Irelia looked up and she gave him a small smile. "Hey. Isaac." She seemed happy to see him, but also felt a burden she needed to get rid off and thus felt conflicted meeting him. The external change of his appearance also seemed to confuse her.

She shrugged and then frowned a bit. "Thanks for coming so soon. I really felt like I needed to talk to you." For some reason she was feeling rather nervous. Her right hand scratched the skin on her left under arm absentmindedly, which was covered with a thin bandage.

"There is something that happened recently." Irelia dared not make eye contact with Isaac, even though she felt she could trust him with it. After inhaling deeply she asked. "How have you been doing lately?" It was clear the question was meant for something more than the usual small talk.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 09-04-2016 21:48

At first he was a bit confused by everything that he picked up from her and it seemed like he had forgotten that his hair was shorter and darker coloured and his short beard now only a five o'clock shade. His eyes were immediately pulled to the bandage on her lower arm and he started to frown when he noticed her obvious nervousness.
There was a silence between them before he managed to utter: "I - I have been doing pure well, honestly. Busy with building a career, had some talks with people here and there and we're getting ready everything arranged for the wedding." He was obviously not prepared to share more important information right now, if there was any, but Irelia wasn't sure if he did it on purpose or just because he wasn't ready to get into it yet.
His hands reached to her hand and gently stripped back her sleeve only slightly, to which he added: "This happened..." he stated as he started to frown more deeply, but his gaze was kind. He shook his head as if he didn't understand. "Are ye... ok?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 09-04-2016 23:09

She didn't seem very convinced by his words, as if she thought he missed her point. Staring at the bandage on her arm she slowly nodded.
"Yeah....this happened." Her gaze drifted towards the window again as she glanced outside.

"I...have been holding in....a lot of things...that I ...may have needed to talk to you about." A sigh left her lips and she looked him in the eye.
"I suspected, but was unsure, that the...ability that I and Ben have...unlocked, was due to the involvement of the Artifacts. It was already clear that they resonate on the same frequency as many brain waves, but ....now that we have returned from Desolia....Louis has....also unlocked... an ability." She carefully stated and her eyes were sad. "I feel like I should have told everyone that it might happen to them....and I feel incredibly guilty that Louis had no choice in the matter." She paused for a moment and looked at her hands, where Isaac's still was.

"When his ability recently surfaced when he was near me....I felt incredibly guilty. Not because I didn't tell him about what might happen, but because all I initially thought about....was that I was excited to be... discovering this property with someone, without considering the consequences for Louis." She looked back at him again, now clearly getting to the point.

"That's when....something snapped. I wanted him to get a grip on his ability and in my...state of mind...the quickest way to do so was to bring myself in danger...." Her voice died out as she looked back at the bandage around her lower arm.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 09-04-2016 23:23

It took him some time to process everything that she had said, but he didn't move his hand and let it down calmly next to hers. He seemed to be interested in the fact that Louis had discovered an ability of his own, but not disturbed. Irelia knew this wasn't unusual for him, he wasn't often surprised and he'd probably have calculated the possibility of this happening already.
When she started to talk about how she had harmed herself to most likely trigger his ability by stress, his muscles tightened.
"I'm not used to you accepting such a risk just because it seemed likely to you that his mind and body'd respond by fearing for someone's life. Especially your own."
He had started to speak a bit more silent as he leaned forward to her. "That's not snapping. That's breaking down."
He stood up and sat next to her without waiting for her respons, moving slightly so he'd still be able to look her in the eye and held both her hands in between his. His hands were comfortably warm and his grip steady but gentle.
"Something else happened that had nothing to do with the artifacts but all to do with this," he reached out with one of his hands and pointed at her head and her heart.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 10-04-2016 11:23

She shook her head and there was a tear slidinv down her cheek. "Ever since I started working on the things I have been obsessed with them. I dream about them and even when I am not arround them I have dreams...ajd I can't stop." She shook her head again.
"Not because I can't, but because there is no one else who...can pick it up, to use what I've uncovered. " looking back at him, dhr hoped he would understand.
"And I'm sorry that...I've been distancing myself from you, but since that moment on Massanas...I needed to." There were more tears that started flowing and she pinced his hand.
"But now I need to talk about it, everything...because....I'm afraid. " she uttered before she closed her eyes and started sobbing. Her head bowed to Isaac, hoping he would comfort her.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 10-04-2016 11:33

It was clear that he had a hard time listening to her admitting all this. Mixed feelings were visible in his eyes and his mind seemed to be going back to the time on Massanas she spoke about, making his gaze mostly frustrated, but not with her.
He didn't speak at first and simply moved a bit closer to her, wrapping his arms around her and let her head rest on his shoulder. He was reminded by the fact that she had tried to comfort him the last time they'd had a conversation like this, when he still called himself Nick Halden.
"I dinnae think ye'd be so deep into this," he said, his voice soft and understanding, "and I'm not mad, never have been mad at you for distancing yerself from me. Nick Halden - I - was an asshole back then. I should've been honest with ye but I had a hard time being honest with meself."
He sighed and looked out of the window. "I ken yer afraid, I'm afraid as well."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 10-04-2016 12:52

She seemed to be relieved by his words and she higged him tightly, as her crying intensified first before slowly comming to a stop.
"You are too? I....you never...seem scared..." she gave him a wet smile.

It seemed like she didn't know what to say. "Atleast he feels bad about the way he acted and is even hinest about not being true to himself either. You see he's only human."

"You know me...the longest from everyone that we now work with...and I felt so alone with...this feeling...that i hoped you would understand. I want to go on, but it gets so hard when I feel like I become a scientist who might do things with the same magnitude as what we found on Desolia. Not because i have bad intetions, but because I am excited as a scientist to uncover a mystery, or to help people. But I am so afraid that people will remember me badly..." she let out a sigh and she dried her cheeks. Her shaky hand took her coffee and she took a careful sip.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 10-04-2016 13:04

"I can hide my emotions way too well," he said, trying to sound light-hearted, but he had trouble admitting it, "and I should'ne have hidden them from you."
As she reached for her coffee he still let her lean against him and held her with one arm, while reaching for his own coffee with the other.
He let her talk and he listened while he sipped his coffee. "We're all alone in this world, lass," he said, trying to sound understanding of her words, "but we must never forget that others might not be able to carry our burdens, but they can be there for us and support us. Just 'cause ye know the most aboot these things, does'ne mean yer alone in the entire thing. Dinnae forget I was the one who gave ye these responsibilities all those years back. If anyone's responsible for how ye feel now, it's me."

Plaats reactie