The Slurping Turtle - Black Market District (Saturday)

Old Topics
Isaac

The Slurping Turtle - Black Market District (Saturday)

Bericht door Isaac » 18-03-2016 10:10

Afbeelding

It was only a day while ago that he had gotten to know the location of this interestingly named noodle bar, when he was looking around in the Black Market District for a proper location for a meeting with not too many eyes focussed on him and his guest. The bar was only a stone's throw from the main street and mostly known by only the locals and busiest during dinnertime and otherwise just for take-aways. It wasn't that they were open during the day (and night) but most people preferred to be served by real-life waiters and not by the single robot that was serving the noodles during lunchtime. It was quite the unusual AI, because it was only programmed to serve food and have a very simple talk with you, that was it. The biggest problem though was its lack of common English, speaking only a few key words in that language and all other, more complex things were programmed in either Chinese or Japanese, which made it hard to understand it if you weren't used to the language per se.

Isaac was already sitting in one of the booths of the small restaurant section of the noodle bar, which had place for probably ten people in total in its entirety. He had ordered a very dark Bex Stout Nitro, one of their most bitter and earthy tasing beers with a hint of sweetness. He was looking outside the window to try and spot the person he was waiting for and had put his leather jacket next to him on the couch, now clothed in a simple black shirt and cargo pants, his auburn hair tied back.
Well it's too long living in the same old lives.
I feel too cold to live, too young to die.
Will you walk the line, like it's there to choose?
Just forget the wit, it's the best to use.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 18-03-2016 10:31

Right on time, Dave arrived through the human masses.
He wore a flight suit with a leather jacked over it. Clearly he was looking for where he needed to be but took the right alley and soon saw Isaac sitting there. With a polite smile he walked towards where isaac was sitting and extended his hand. He looked tired, having bags under his eyes and an unshaved look to go with it.
"Interesting choice. What is good food to order here?" He asked Isaac in a friendly way.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 18-03-2016 10:45

He stood up when Dave came in and shook his hand. "Ehhh," he said as he looked at the menu above the bar, "I like the," he tried the language and with some effort managed, "pho bò kho, the beef stew noodle soup, meself. But I heard the chín nam vè dòn is pure delicious as well, that's the one with well done steak. But I honestly dun care much when I'm hungry - then I just get me some food and I'm happy."
He grinned and sat back down, sipping from his pint of Bex Stout Nitro. "Had'ne safe journey?"

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 18-03-2016 10:57

Dave smirked and nodded. "As safe as you can be now a days."

He said to the robot:" Qing pho bo Kho." It was clear Dave was more used to speaking Chinese then Isaac was, but he was causal about it and after placing his order he sat down at the table with Isaac."So. I's there a particular reason you wanted to meet me? Don't tell me Sidd escaped?" He gave Isaac a stare that said 'you've got to be kidding me.'

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 18-03-2016 11:03

"I'm not sure if I'd survive this lunch if I told ye that he did," he said, with a smile, "but no, he's an honest laddie, like I said. We're both taking a small break before we get to it. We deserve it." He sighed, leaning back, his hands still on the table.
"Before we get to answering that question, I wanted to tell ye that ye're right aboot what ye thought," he said, with a look that Dave could tell was suggesting an answer he couldn't speak out loud, "Ivy knows as well, but strangely enough ye got the message sooner." He shrugged and took another sip, to give it a chance to let it sink in.
"And apart from the awkward time we had back at base, I'd like te know ye a wee bit better - and no, not in the wierd way - and I dun think we ever had'ne proper chance to do just that."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 18-03-2016 11:10

Dave surpressed a smirk and replied. :"I figured it out soon because there was something that I recognised. " He shrugged.
"It is a risk letting Sidd go but time will tell if it was the right thing to do."
Lifting his eyebrows he asked."Why would you want to get to know me now? Not that I mind...it just seems strange that you'd invite me over to neutral ground to do so...." He chuckled. "Ok maybe that's not so strange."

"One Bex Dry Berry please." The robot made a gesture that he had understood him and brought Dave his drink before continuing to make food.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 18-03-2016 11:16

Isaac lifted his hands in innocence. "It's Sidd's business, we're just helping him out."
He thought about the question when Dave ordered his drink. "As ye well know, our ways have crossed with a reason in the past and it has once again now. I hav'ne had any chance to meet the man Ivy told me aboot several times, because last time I spoke to ye before we saw each other at the base again ye were still trying to give things a place." He frowned, remembering their appointment in the Greaselpit.
"Not to be intrusive, but how did ye manage to do that, if at all?" Dave could see he was sincerely interested in his mental wellbeing and he wasn't at all amused by bringing up the entire subject, but he did so none the less.

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 18-03-2016 11:38

Dave's gaze darkened considerably after Isaac had said that. He needed a moment to think about that and frowned as he drank his beer. "I felt I needed to keep on going. The pain ebbs away slowly. Finding distractions helped me. But mostly being responsible for certain things make you not wanting to give up. "
He sighed. "How did you manage? First the thing where you staged your death and then prison. How do you deal with that?" It was clear that dave was interested but also felt he didn't want to be on the defensive all the time.

Isaac

Bericht door Isaac » 18-03-2016 11:48

"First of all," he said, after he had listened to Dave intently, "I can'ne imagine going through something like what ye went through. Interrogations, whatever kind, are the toughest thing one can conquer, mentally and physically." He stated the facts as if he knew all about it, but his entirely demeanor wasn't like he tried to be a know-all. On the contrary.
He drank some more before he continued: "Jail is all but easy. Even though ye know ye have this sentence, which could have been worse for me, bit still, ye have no idea when ye'll be able to bail yerself out and how much effort that is going to take. Society can be manipulated though, but I had promised meself to be honest and truthful, so I didn't try to get out earlier... but then the war broke out."
He stopped and thought about what to say. "From me own personal experience I've come to the conclusion that ye can either fuck yerself over or ye can play the game well and end up where ye have the right friends when ye need them." He smiled, thinking back to this strange, but fascinating time from only a few weeks ago.
When the noodles were put down in front of them, he waited for the soup to cool down a bit, so he continued, his voice less loud: "I reckon ye read the interview from the Flux? Everything in there is well put down, and the truth. It was never an easy choice and it wasn't the most considerate, but I felt I needed to. I felt hugely responsible for everything that had happened, I still do and I needed to eliminate the biggest threat to the people precious to me, and that happened to be the well-known rich guy Ethan Corell."
He shrugged and turned his gaze back to Dave again. "Ye never told me - understandably - what he interrogated ye aboot. May I... well. Fuck, there is no way to say this in an easy way..." He frowned, rubbing his temples. "I know he asked ye aboot me and I know he's a sadistic piece of shit, so he might as well have enough with doing just that, but that can'ne be all he wanted to know aboot."

Overseer
Site Admin

Bericht door Overseer » 18-03-2016 18:03

Dave seemed genuinely impressed by what Isaac told him and was listening closely. "That's quite a something...thanks for sharing. "Though when he started with the subject of Trevor and the interrogation his eyes became hollow. "You shouldn't tell him. He deserves to know what could happen! And want will he do with the information if you give it?! Will he just tell his buddy friend Trevor about it?"

He looked at Isaac with an unsure expression. "I thought you and Trevor were getting along quite nicely. You make it sound as if that is not the case, or are you covering for him?" It was a stab. Both to defect the subject and again to see how Isaac would react.

Plaats reactie